Show me your rack!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
older rig
IMG_0670.jpg

downsized rig
IMG_7501.jpg

Circa 2004.

I'm occasionally tempted to build a Triaxis/2:90 rig with a G-Force (or something) in the loop as a midi controlled rig with zero tap dancing would be sweet, but then I remember how much I hated moving this *******...

rig_rack2.jpg

My show rig right now. I wanna replace the Mosvalve with a 2:90 and add a IIC+ by next year. Rear rigging is not clean, set for lots of gigging and haven't added a tray.

I3010094.jpg

The rear. ISP Decimator and MXR 6-band in the loop.

I3010095.jpg

I keep mine very quick and simple. Now that I am older and play as a weekend worrier/hobbiest/for-hire type of player, a quality plug-and-play system is valuable to me.

With the Formula Pre, overall the clean kicked butt and the overdrives were decent, but I wanted a little more from them. I could get what I wanted with a little boost in front of the signal, but that added a pedal that I did not want. I started playing with different tubes, I got pretty close to the sound I wanted with the drive channels, but I lost that great clean (it was very Twin-like). Then I read about "the Andrew mod." After doing this and going back to all-Mesa tubes, this preamp really rocks. It's biggest drawback was that it is non-MIDI, and I almost sold it because of that. Then came the first G-Major and the 2 relays changed all of that. I am extremely happy with the two working together.

For the record, I also did the "Fat Mod" on the 20/20 and I did it with push-pull pots on the volume controls, so I can use it at will. Truth be told, especially with the ported Genz Benz cab, I have never really used it.

The back of the rack turned out to be a great idea. Not only is it clean and easy, but much like you I had 13 or so tubes that got knocked around when messing around in back. Since I had a small space back there I did have tube issues from time to time. Now everything is protected.

I replaced the ART X-15 LEDs with super-bright LEDs so that I can see them clearly during outdoors daytime gigs. That was a quick mod that was well worth the effort!

CurrentRig.jpg

front1.jpg

Fast hookups on the back: A single twist-lock Neutrik for the stereo cabinet, a single custom wired MIDI cable provides MIDI in, out, and phantom (more on the phantom mod here). Standard power cable hookup.

back1.jpg

I recently switched from a 4-space Gator rack to this 5-space which includes wheels and a extending handle. Ready to roll at any time!

travel.jpg

I have one of the old Formula preamps. I LOVE the Triaxis, but with the G-Major 2 being able to switch the channels for me, I can use all 3 channels and get a solo boost all via MIDI. The G-Major 2 made the Formula a very usable amp for me.

Rock on!

-Trip

SonicProvocateur said:
My show rig right now. I wanna replace the Mosvalve with a 2:90 and add a IIC+ by next year. Rear rigging is not clean, set for lots of gigging and haven't added a tray.

I3010094.jpg

I3010095.jpg

i gotta ask: where did you get those diamond plate rack spacers?

If u mean the 12u rack, bought it on eBay from DJKits. I dunno audiopile so I guess not. But I checked on google and they are both from Vancouver so maybe...

How do you like that rack? It looks just like the EWI racks Audiopile slings and I've been debating between finding a used Anvil or going the budget/affordable route with Audiopile.

So far I think it's great but it's fairly new and I haven't tested it on road yet...

SonicProvocateur said:

I3010094.jpg

I3010095.jpg

Why do you have the Mosvalve power amp in your rack. Did you slave out your mesa into it so it would be stereo?

Hello community :)

This is my gear:
1) ADA MP-2 (currently not connected to the poweramp)
2) t.c. eletronic G-Major for Effects
3) Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (my main sound)
4) Mesa/Boogie 395 Simul-Stereo

gauss said:
Hello community :)

This is my gear:
1) ADA MP-2 (currently not connected to the poweramp)
2) t.c. eletronic G-Major for Effects
3) Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (my main sound)
4) Mesa/Boogie 395 Simul-Stereo

What a great combination MP-2 & a Studio! I use to use the MP1 years ago and always enjoyed it. Not to mention, it's hard not to like a 395!

Back