Show me your rack!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
%5C%5Corccsalefa01%5Cshoppe%5CMy%20Pictures%5CGear.jpg

Missing is the Half Rack Bloody Murder OD and my pedal board consisting of:
Tonebone Switchbone
Boss RV3
Maxon OD808
MXR 10 band EQ

SOUNDS MASSIVE!

riddler said:
So heres mine
371u.jpg
[

I'm still busy tweaking the sound, so no soundsamples available atm.

Riddler,

Your rack has essentially the same components (function wise) as the one I am currently putting together.
I'm curious about the layout you used and why you placed them where you did.

My current layout is:

1. Smason PB15 Pro
2. Blank
3. Mesa Studio Preamp
4. Mesa Studio Preamp
5. Intellifex LTD
6. Voodoo Labs GSX
7. Open
8. Sliding EFX Tray

My thinking is to have the effects tray on the bottom for easy access and the ability to look down on them if the rack is placed high (I'm short...). I then put the switcher between the effects and the Intelifex for easy cable routing. By putting the Studio Preamp above it I have the option to easily route cables if decide that the Intellifex actually sounds better in the Preamp's loop. Then above it the blank for a wireless (or G-Major/2) and the power conditioner.

What do you think?
I'll post pictures when I get it done.

This will feed into either a JC-120H and/or a MKIVa into some EV Thiels. If I can find a Headtrip switcher I will be golden and have the ability to switch it all on the fly. The search continues...

Hi,

the thought behind the layout was to have easy and short cable routing + the parts with the most weight being at the bottom because it stands more stable and is easier to carry.
So it is definitely a good idea to build everything around the Looper - in your case the Voodoo Labs GSX. The reason I put the pedals on top is because of the "weight-to-bottom" -thing and I'm not fiddling with the settings that often - they're all "set-and-forget" typo things. The G-Major is last in the signal chain before the Velocity and NOT in the patchmate but after the patchmate - I simply need it in every sound and even if not, there is absolutely no loss of audio quality + I have my expression pedal for Volume Control managed with the G-Major. With the Patchmate I control which amps are active (I can have both for bi-amping, but have to adjust volumes and stuff - so not really on the fly) and if the booster and "reducer" (just a volume pot to have less signal strength for nice cleans with the mesa) are in the signal chain or not. I've used about 3,5m of Sommer The Spirit XXL + Neutrik Plugs for the entire wiring in the rack.

ximgonex said:
Missing is the Half Rack Bloody Murder OD and my pedal board consisting of:
Tonebone Switchbone
Boss RV3
Maxon OD808
MXR 10 band EQ

SOUNDS MASSIVE!

Hey ximgonex. I'm curious, what do you think of the bloody murder? I was thinking about picking one of those up. Or a Maxon 808. Thanks!

Here's my w/d/w rig. It's not wired properly yet. Egnater M4 and Lonestar preamp into the Lonestar power section/Bogner 2x12 for dry. G-Major through the VHT and CAA cubes for the wet.

The rack is brand new and I'm selling it locally here in NY. $175 takes it. Lids included.

gear_1.JPG

gear_2.JPG

gear_3.JPG

gear_4.JPG

If I was still in NYC that would be sold....

When is someone in Texas going to list a new12 space shock mount rack for under $200?
I just paid $200 for an 8 space Carvin rack and it's not even shock mount... :(

riddler said:
Hi,

the thought behind the layout was to have easy and short cable routing + the parts with the most weight being at the bottom because it stands more stable and is easier to carry.
So it is definitely a good idea to build everything around the Looper - in your case the Voodoo Labs GCX. The reason I put the pedals on top is because of the "weight-to-bottom" -thing and I'm not fiddling with the settings that often - they're all "set-and-forget" typo things. The G-Major is last in the signal chain before the Velocity and NOT in the patchmate but after the patchmate - I simply need it in every sound and even if not, there is absolutely no loss of audio quality + I have my expression pedal for Volume Control managed with the G-Major. With the Patchmate I control which amps are active (I can have both for bi-amping, but have to adjust volumes and stuff - so not really on the fly) and if the booster and "reducer" (just a volume pot to have less signal strength for nice cleans with the mesa) are in the signal chain or not. I've used about 3,5m of Sommer The Spirit XXL + Neutrik Plugs for the entire wiring in the rack.

I spent a bunch of time last night rethinking the rack setup and I think your way works better. Having a 'top down' approach to the signal flow also ends up with a better center of gravity. I'll fit the components once the rack arrives and work out the signal flow. I like your idea about not having the Intellifex using a loop in the GCX since it will likely be 'in use' all of the time. That opens up another channel switching option for the amp.

Thanks again.

Mongo1 said:
riddler said:
Hi,

So it is definitely a good idea to build everything around the Looper - in your case the Voodoo Labs GCX. The reason I put the pedals on top is because of the "weight-to-bottom" -thing and I'm not fiddling with the settings that often - they're all "set-and-forget" typo things. The G-Major is last in the signal chain before the Velocity and NOT in the patchmate but after the patchmate - I simply need it in every sound and even if not, there is absolutely no loss of audio quality + I have my expression pedal for Volume Control managed with the G-Major. With the Patchmate I control which amps are active (I can have both for bi-amping, but have to adjust volumes and stuff - so not really on the fly) and if the booster and "reducer" (just a volume pot to have less signal strength for nice cleans with the mesa) are in the signal chain or not. I've used about 3,5m of Sommer The Spirit XXL + Neutrik Plugs for the entire wiring in the rack.

I spent a bunch of time last night rethinking the rack setup and I think your way works better. Having a 'top down' approach to the signal flow also ends up with a better center of gravity. I'll fit the components once the rack arrives and work out the signal flow. I like your idea about not having the Intellifex using a loop in the GCX since it will likely be 'in use' all of the time. That opens up another channel switching option for the amp.

Thanks again.

Hey Mongo1

I'm glad that my approach helped you with yours.
Hope everything works out as planned.

regards
riddler

Mongo1 said:
If I was still in NYC that would be sold....

When is someone in Texas going to list a new12 space shock mount rack for under $200?
I just paid $200 for an 8 space Carvin rack and it's not even shock mount... :(

I get that alot. Now that I've got the gear in there, I may keep it. It's solid and looks cool. But I'm afraid of polarity issues with the Lonestar and VHT so I'd really like two smaller cases for some isolation.

Heres my rack gear. Studio pre ,50/50 , Ibanez delay ,Yamaha multi effects and Peavey Graphic. I dont know much about rack gear. I've stumbled across my stuff over time and bought it cheaply. Is there any "must have" rack gear to look out for ?
100_0420.jpg

beside my main rig, incl. two heads (roadster and dual recto) plus a lot of other crap, i decided to built up a small rack for jam-sessions and even for small locations...
so i bought a few mesa rack units and did a lot of testing....mesa quad pre, studio pre and an old 50/50.

mesa%20rackunits.jpg

after a while, i found out, that a rack with the quad pre will be much larger as i want it to be. so i ended up with this setup:

small%20rack.jpg

and yes both cases are diamond plate cases, to get the real recto feeling. :evil: ;)

joe web said:
beside my main rig, incl. two heads (roadster and dual recto) plus a lot of other crap, i decided to built up a small rack for jam-sessions and even for small locations...
so i bought a few mesa rack units and did a lot of testing....mesa quad pre, studio pre and an old 50/50.

mesa%20rackunits.jpg

after a while, i found out, that a rack with the quad pre will be much larger as i want it to be. so i ended up with this setup:

small%20rack.jpg

and yes both cases are diamond plate cases, to get the real recto feeling. :evil: ;)
Very Very NICE.

rack.jpg

pedals.jpg

rig.jpg

Here's my current getup. [hard to take decent pictures in a dark room tho!] It used to be much huger in a 12 space rack with a rackmount Dual Rectifier and some other gizmos, but that got to be way too heavy to move around. Here's the breakdown of this setup:

Guitar
Tuner Pedal
TriAxis 2.0 [non phat]
dbx 166xl [in TriAxis effects loop for cleans]
Dunlop DCR-2SR Rack Wah
Dunlop DCR-2SR Rack Volume [in the same chassis as wah]
G-Major
2:Ninety
Line 6 Slant 4x12 and Recto 2x12 on the left
Traditional Straight 4x12 on the right

I've got a Furman power conditioner mounted backwards in the back of the rack, and a Behringer FCB1010 for the midi controller. [with all the lettering sanded off, because I'm ashamed to own a Behringer anything!] Works out to be a nice little rig. [only the Traditional 4x12 moves around tho, the rest of the cabs stay at home] I've also got a BYOC Overdrive and a Keeley DS-1 that I throw in front of the TriAxis occasionally, depending on what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Back