Show me your rack!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished my rack adding a Quad and a wireless device.

rack.jpg

The Quad and the 50/50 were totally "remade" (new cap, new optocouplers, ...)
The black pedal is a homemade Tubescreamer TS-808.

You guys who are running multiple preamps with one power amp.. how are you handling that? I've got a Mesa 295 I'd like to run with both a Studio Pre and a Pod XT Pro, but I can't see how to have both live without pulling the cables each time or using some sort of switcher.. and some of you have several pres and no switcher..

JJNH said:
You guys who are running multiple preamps with one power amp.. how are you handling that? I've got a Mesa 295 I'd like to run with both a Studio Pre and a Pod XT Pro, but I can't see how to have both live without pulling the cables each time or using some sort of switcher.. and some of you have several pres and no switcher..

+1, I would also like to know how that can be achieved. In my case, I have a Tech 21 PowerEngine and I was wondering how I could set up 2 different preamps running seperately but without changing cables

I am very pleased with the G-Major 2, I am glad I bought it. I think its very transparent and the effects sound clear.

Definately. It's a deep piece. A couple of good jolts, and the long leverage will bend the the chassis up front, and then you'll be fucked. Not to mention, the toroid transformer is towards the rear.

If you look at the back of my Tri, you can see the pipe straping I have holding up the back. It's not hard to rig something up. I wrapped it in duct tape, so it won't scratch.

here are my toys:

CARVIN.jpg

DSCN3647.jpg

DSCN1271.jpg

The rack is based of a G-Magor, Carvin Quad X-Amp and a 50/50 boogie.
the pedal board has 2 expresion pedals wich are converted to midi via the Ground Control Pro , there is also the midi board , an Ibanez tuner and a crybaby connected via Wah-Pad.
the cabs are 2 Thiele design road ready Mesa / boogie loaded with EVM12L speakers.
the 4x12 stack (which I have built) is no longer with me.

This is my rack:

aweoracks.jpg

Give me some "Uhhh"s, "Ohhh"s and "Wow!"s, And i _eventually_ open the rack! :mrgreen:

MesaQuadMetallicasettings002-1.jpg

A simpel rig but killer tones at bedroom volume level!

The Dean Markle I-20 is bypassed so I use the poweramp but the Quad handles all tone settings including the volume.

Those thieles are bad ***!
Yap, their sure are.
The EVM's are very clean and have a lot of bottom end which makes it very nice when pushed hard.
Actually I never had the chance to really crank it all the way, it's just way too much even on a large scale rehearsal studio or so.
I hope one day ill have the chance to check it on an open place, where I can really push the amp and cabs hard.
The EVM's are at their best when pushed hard, the louder you play, the better they sound :D

BTW, the other pic is a little old, the setup is the same today, just organized in a different way as I had to move my studio to a smaller room when we moved to a new flat.

DSCN4091.jpg

Give me some "Uhhh"s, "Ohhh"s and "Wow!"s, And i _eventually_ open the rack! :mrgreen:

UUUHHHHH OOOOOHHH WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW :D

Show it ! hope they're not empty :p

Cheers.

asap as i've got my new rack box i will upload mine :p

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=43951844&albumID=0&imageID=35459709

I'm definitely not done with this rack yet. I still need a DBX compressor, GCX and Ground Control, and pedal drawer, but here's what I'm working on...

5529_105692072459_506137459_2068008_3035910_n.jpg

4931_95346892459_506137459_1901942_773449_n.jpg

5529_105692077459_506137459_2068009_3218053_n.jpg

and just for the Hell of it...
4931_94986457459_506137459_1897419_320651_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back