Mark 2c+/3 video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 2 say though this thread has been a blast..all this cos i asked 4 a vid...cooooool!!!

Maybe i'm wrong. But you got lot of input from alot of honest and best Mark User on this forum. But you just got "lame" answers. I'm not the best C+ User and still learn from posts about tubes and settings. I got lot of sources from gts! And respectfully read every post from Joey B., Lesterpaul, DaveP, Cremona, BB, and all the great other Members here. But in some cases i think you just waste enough of their time. Somewhere i read that the Mark III can almost sound like a C+ with the right tubes. In this case with a shitty Cam mic you won't even notice a difference! Cremona also mention the quality of recording. And i doubt everyone has a recording studio in the basement. And factors you won't be able to show in a vid.

If you get the chance to play one, just try it. There are still enough of those Amps left for the Humanity! Otherwise play the clown and give everyone the chance to make fun of you.

I'll take gts advice
You'll only be wasting your time trying to convince him otherwise.

I'm out of this thread.

You know it is funny. Real funny.

First of all internet talk is crap. If you don't play one (and in the case of the IIC+ some or as many as you can as mesa is notorious for making do with what they had available!) you shouldn't even be entitled to an oppinion! Simple as that! And when I say play I mean a full season of rehearsing recording and giggind the **** amp!!! Not two hours on a friend or demo shop or whatever.

I find that, though many people have a natural way of describing sounds and feel of amps succesfully, that doesn't really helps out picking the one THAT WORKS FOR YOU and the style of music you play at a specific time frame.

To the OP. Get a life. End of discussion. You can't afford a IIC+ and that is that.

Having said that, I fail to see the good in rich brymer's clips. I never liked them (I don't want to criticize him more let us leave it at that), I wouldn't buy a **** mark based on them. Does that make the IIC+ or the IV in his videos complete waste? No of course not.

I understand the need to have some proof that a very expensive amp tracks/sounds good on a clip as a failsafe before buying. Youtube is not the way to go, still good clips of the IIC+ are there. My personal favourite, was of the user Treetopper. He was the one who opened it up and got a sound that I haven't heard from anybody in this forum in any clip. He erased them (along with Jose marshalls, rectifiers, Diezels and bogner he had) as he doesn't want to keep "memories" of things he doesn't have anymore. All of his clips were sonic sex really, the guy could play and get it recorded right.

As for me, for example, the band I gig with and the music I play does not benefit of a mesa mark style amp. Studio pre, mesa power amp didn't work. Triaxis/brunetti didn't work!!! The f-series worked like a charm and so did the humble (or not!) peavey XXX I rock now. Does that make them better amps? Surely not. For a metallica theater tribute band, or prog rock I'd pick the previous setup any day!

Clips are useless. Try gigging and adjusting on the fly! That is a great test for me.

Your posts make me want to extract great food from my stomach, I doubt you ever played a mark IIC+. As far as your other boogies, well owning them and being able to play them is another thing dufus.

giorikas81 said:
Your posts make me want to extract great food from my stomach, I doubt you ever played a mark IIC+. As far as your other boogies, well owning them and being able to play them is another thing dufus.
You're taking the bait from this troll. Ignore him and he'll go away...again. Who's the bigger fool: the fool or the sucker who responds to the fool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back