Mark II ID’ing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That saddens me over your father in laws friend. May he/ she R I P. Mike is super cool to talk to. Dang, I wish that I had a fraction of his knowledge, as well as others here in this forum. But I'm scratching my head over this. I'm kinda leaning with WoodButcher. It looks like, to me, that there is solder where the EQ circuit would be. And Mike said it looks like nothing was done to it. Oh well, there was lots of confusion in that era with Mike leaving with Prince for a bit. Are you getting it upgraded to a + ?

Yeah, the guy’s son and brother were there and were just saying how happy they were the amp was actually going to get played through again. Mike said it doesn’t look like anything’s been done to it, but I agree there does look like some solder where the EQ would be, so who knows. The components in there now look factory, so that could be what he’s referring to.

I’m sending it off this week to get the + upgrade!

From what I got these amps might have set on the shelf with no serial #s, until they were installed into a head or combo shell. That might explain things a bit.
That sounds consistent with my experience with my C+ . They blew the dust off mine and shipped her out.

Back