Lines In The Sand Backing Track

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I have had a ton requests to post the backing track I made for my IIC+ clip. Here you go!

I would love to hear what you all come with!!

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=27107

Great job man!!!
Good sounds and very clean mix.

Could you make bt for full song?
Waiting for good bt of solo section...

How does the IIC+ stack up against the IV and the V?

I trust your opinion more than most because I have an opportunity to pickup an original near mint condition IIC+ and a IV for my Mark V + $1200.

MesaGod666 said:
How does the IIC+ stack up against the IV and the V?

I trust your opinion more than most because I have an opportunity to pickup an original near mint condition IIC+ and a IV for my Mark V + $1200.

All the amps are great. I am still in my learning phase with the IIC+ but it is much easier to find my tones with it than the V. I struggled with the V. I really wanted to like it but there were a couple of things I couldn't look past:

1. Missing Drive knob and push/pull functionality from previous Mark versions. I know it is inherently set to 7.5 but I liked being able to adjust it how I wanted. Added to the diversity of the tone. I liked the ability to change my tone with the push/pull knobs too.

2. Mark IV mode did not sound like my previous Mark IV amp. The mode sounded more aggressive (in a non pleasing way) than the actual amp. My old Mark IV sounded smoother as well. To me it was hard to find the right balance with the gain knob. Too much and it sounded muddy, turn it down and the sustain disappeared. My old Mark IV sustained for days.

3. Too many modes FOR ME. I know most like the diversity but I am a simple guy at heart. I spent more time flipping modes and channels than actually playing. I have been that way in the past with digital units as well. Some people may say that the Mark IV was complicated too. Not to me. I found my tone and literally set the knobs and forgot it. One of the reasons why I have really bonded with the IIC+, simplicity.

I am not bashing the V. It was a great amp but was missing on those three areas for me. My intention was to buy another IV but had a chance to pickup the IIC+. I am glad I did. Has the features and inherent tone of the IV with a rawness and throaty quality. If I couldn't have found a IIC+ I would have been more than happy to have my old friend back, Mark IV. Good luck with whatever amp you decide to go with. I'm sticking with the IIC+!

Latest posts

Back