• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold / Withdrawn Mark III #16359D - guitar center anomoly

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric mayhem

Reaction score
hey all,
I've seen this before and here it is again.
16359D and I have no idea what the D is. I've seen 14350B which was an out of place IIB+ but D?

Black X in corner, black line above cord, long chassis D likely because of EL34s, RX no G, reverb on front.
Alex was nice enough to send pics. They are not open yet but Alex has the time so please give him the commission.
Text him on his phone- if you want it.

The edge here is all these details aren't out there yet. I have a no stripe but would love to see the guts of this anomaly. The pics are on his phone ready to send.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a early no stripe and know what their preamp board is in it?

My no stripe is only about 160 amps before this one and has a CP1E board. Anyone know if there was a CP1D board?

It is the only thing I can think of for the D.

1513X had CP1D. Sorry I don't have photos from the other ones I've had.

I had IIC+ 1385X D.
Awesome- since my no stripe has the CP1E I bet the CP1D board is the anomaly. Seems there was as much flux around the III launch as 81 was for the IIB.

But that does not explain 1385xD.
I have seen one very curious example of a no stripe that I believe is a Mark IIC+ and is the template for anyone really wanting to convert their Mark III.

It came up about a year ago and I did not pay attention to the pics I was snipping until I went back and cannot find where I saw it.

I am not so sure I will share the circuit if I find this amp again. I really don't want to see a bunch of no stripes getting cut up.

It makes me wonder if your plus was also laid out on a CP1D. Do you remember the board good enough to say it was not a Mark III board?

Back