here's my nomad clips!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomadlover

Reaction score
here they are! go to my soundclick at
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=549443
the nomad is only on magma never cools and introducing marc olberding.
i'm working on getting another one up there with a more wide veriety of channels.
please comments on what i need to improve on tone-wise and playing wise as well! anything with drums is a bp200 digitech multi-effects through a solid state amp!

Am I missing something here? I see no songs called Magma never cools, but i did hear something that mde me throw my speakers out the window called "Space Time"!

You can't please them all the time can ya :) Whatever gets you to tapping your foot is alright with me 8)

Nomadlover, keep it up. You've got a good start on things. Keep working on your scales until you know them from top to bottom. It takes time, but you'll get there. You'll find that your tones will change as you do. It takes time and patience. If I read it right, your only 14 and this is a good time to make that commitment.

I can tell that you're beginning to hear melodies and keep working to get them down. 8)

What are the settings? That's a mesa nomad? The magna clip sounded very muddy and undefined.

Are you pushing the amp at all (volume wise?)

Keep playing! You're getting there, just keep at it!

Ok I found it, I'm not to savvy with that website. Now that is MUCH better than what I heard earlier :)

What settings are you using? Are you micing it, or using the recording output? Your nomad sounds nothing like mine!

Sorry to sound negative! Theres some great harmony in there, just need some definition to bring it out. Let us know your setup, maybe we can squeeze a little bit more tone outa that amp.

while we're at it.... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=528793
this is a live clip from my side project. this one is kinda progressive. im on my nomad and im the one hitting the harmonics and stuff in the intro and do the melody line and stuff (so you can follow which tone is mine, we switch off a bit) the other slightly less smooth tone is a soldano avenger. 8)

Are you running JJ's in that thing? I think I might retube from the mesa's that are in mine right now. Any boost or anything infront? If this clip is from a show, it sounds fantastic...sounds great anyway really. Nice tastefull melodic playing...Love that harmonic tone you're squeezing out of that nomad...

yea, actually those are the same jjs i put in just a month or two after getting it from you, lol. i started putting a bad monkey in front a few months ago and haven't taken it out. with the level up and gain down it seems to be slightly more focused and those harmonics jump off the fretboard a little easier. :roll:

thank for the playing compliments, yea, we did a show in seattle at a drum school and they record your show for free... i was worried it was gonna be sloppy as hell cuz it was a st patty's day show and we tossed back a couple before we got on :lol: . but this one seemed to turn out pretty well.

yeah the settings are as follows for both, i think.
strat single coil neck mid combo tone about 5 for both
bass 8
treble 5
mid 7
stcok tubes (soon to be replaced with jj kt77s and preamp as follows: in v1: ecc803s the rest ecc83s with a balanced in v5! :D )
presence 3-ish
gain 4
mv 6
out 3
recording out

i haven't had any time to screw around with settings as i don't have a cab. i'm taking the recording out, so no power amp :x :(

dylan,

sweet clips! Are you playing a nomad 55 open back? That modern sound is killer!

j37nm said:
dylan,

sweet clips! Are you playing a nomad 55 open back? That modern sound is killer!
hey thanks. its a 45 head through a marshall 1960A cab. hopfully if i can get my bandmates together we can record that whole song, it'll sound insane.
edit: BTW i just posted a not so heavy insturmental song on there, wanted to see about my lead tone. theres some goofs as it was improv but lemme know what ya thinks :D

dylan7620 said:
while we're at it.... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=528793
this is a live clip from my side project. this one is kinda progressive. im on my nomad and im the one hitting the harmonics and stuff in the intro and do the melody line and stuff (so you can follow which tone is mine, we switch off a bit) the other slightly less smooth tone is a soldano avenger. 8)

daaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnn
i got a nomad, tell me how to get that sound...NOW!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
settiings, tips?

Latest posts

Back