What kind of IIC is this exactly

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremona

Reaction score
Hi i have been gasing for a wide chassy simul c+ for a while and found this IIc on i bay, but it dossent have a simul or 100/60 swich , but it dos have 4 tubes.
Also i cant quit figure out what kind of tranny it has i can see the red logo wich indicated its a export but there is some tape over it.

Enyone have a better idea what kind of amp this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brad-Whitford-Aerosmith-Mesa-Boogie-Mark-II-C-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ230465972489QQihZ013QQcategoryZ10171QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8868657537988074477#ht_3382wt_1167

I have been looking that one too, I think the wide body have the 60/100 or simulclass in the front, for what I have seen I think the 60/100 is more commond for wide body to have it on the fron, but until we see a better picture we can not confirm.

Serial appears to be on the 12's so it may either be an early one or an upgrade, either way it is nice amp to have.

It's the export tranny, from the looks of it. I sent the seller a message yesterday morning asking about the serial and a bit more of the amp's features and he never got back to me.

Looks like an export tranny simul class, if you blow up the picture of the amp face you can see class A on the bottom of the switch.

Yep, IIC Simul long head with an Export transformer (if the seller really bought it off Aerosmith, this would have been mandatory for all-world use). Or, for you Chassis code gurus,

15DRGX. NOT a coliseum head, for those who get easily confused.

Anyone looking to place a 3G bid right off the bat? :twisted:

All the est,
~Nep~

I hope the "Ebay Informer" gets five swift kicks in the balls for tipping off the seller. If the "informer" was really interested in purchasing the amp, they would keep their big mouth shut. :evil: The gloves are off now, dammit. :shock:

I going to the check my finances today and make the seller a good offer.

This is EXACTLY the amp i have been dreaming of i want ths amp so bad i can taste it , and yes it is a simul class, i have talked to the seller.

We have 220 volts here in denmark so a export is the best choice for me.

Man i hope i get it to , :D to be continued

JOEY B. said:
I hope the "Ebay Informer" gets five swift kicks in the balls for tipping off the seller. If the "informer" was really interested in purchasing the amp, they would keep their big mouth shut. :evil: The gloves are off now, dammit. :shock:
No kidding!
Maybe it's time to mobilize the NAMM, Mr. Kingpin! :wink:

cremona said:
I going to the check my finances today and make the seller a good offer.

This is EXACTLY the amp i have been dreaming of i want ths amp so bad i can taste it , and yes it is a simul class, i have talked to the seller.

We have 220 volts here in denmark so a export is the best choice for me.

Man i hope i get it to , :D to be continued

Whatever you do, don't run the bid up with 7 days left on the auction. :roll:

I just sold a whole whack of stuff. Going to put a massive bid in with 2 seconds left. So good luck to everyone else muahahaa :lol: 8)

EDIT: Btw, I don't think it has the export transformer...it doesn't look the right size and the switch is taped over. Anyone ask if the tranny is original?

this is good...
ok,I say we all pitch in $$,hop in the GN for a road trip-make him an offer he can't refuse,and then we jet down to the Carolinas and give it to Ed as a token for all of the sage advice he has bestowed upon us over the years...
.....who's with me??

lesterpaul said:
this is good...
ok,I say we all pitch in $$,hop in the GN for a road trip-make him an offer he can't refuse,and then we jet down to the Carolinas and give it to Ed as a token for all of the sage advice he has bestowed upon us over the years...
.....who's with me??

You left out the part about my wife reporting her car as stolen, and everyone going to jail. :shock:

glawk said:
EDIT: Btw, I don't think it has the export transformer...it doesn't look the right size and the switch is taped over. Anyone ask if the tranny is original?

The seed of doubt has been planted. :wink:
DSC03385.jpg

DSC03377.jpg

I think i have to let this on go , damm i wish i was more rich.

It is a export head the tape is to make sure no one flicks it on 220 volts and blow up the tranny.

I left my former carrer and im now a studing again so to pay for this on i have to sell my other c+ first.

Damm this sucks it is soo rare this wide chassy export amps come up.

But maybe its really ok, I mean I really love my amp, and if i understand it right , my simul with the 100 pt tranny should sound pretty much like the export tranny version( i hope) because of the voltage thing.

Best think for me proberly is to keep my c+ (wich is a extremly clean c+) and save up for head with a 105 tranny so i have diffrent kinds of c+ sound to chose from.

But it still pains me, i really wanted that amp :cry:

It was a C+ for sure and it sold for $3200. I would have paid that
(maybe a little more) to have a second simulclass. They are that good!
I was thinking it would go for lots more. Wonder who won it???
Jim

Back