The "Preset" EQ is AMAZING in CH3!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
I have been using the sliders in CH3 but just for the hell of it I switched to preset and turned it the whole way up... WOW!

I will report back further after next jam (when I can turn it up).

I think I posted something about this last night, and I am glad that you like it. :D
I had it set to the preset for days on end without even knowing and I was getting some of my favorite tones I have gotten so far from using it. It is very scooped but it was kind of deleting some of the harshness I was getting in the bass from the graphic eq, and it was rather pleasing to my ears. I have found that even with the eq totally disengaged that I am loving the tone I have in Ch 3, and I can kick in the graphic for a bit of a volume boost for solos or whatnot.

i actually use a boss ge-7 in the fx loop sometimes so i can tweak the preset eq. i think one of the biggest mistakes they made was not allowing the preset eq to be able to be matched with the graphic so you could dial the same eq as the preset on the graphic and tweak it. this is my workaround.

guitardom said:
i actually use a boss ge-7 in the fx loop sometimes so i can tweak the preset eq. i think one of the biggest mistakes they made was not allowing the preset eq to be able to be matched with the graphic so you could dial the same eq as the preset on the graphic and tweak it. this is my workaround.

I'd say the biggest mistake they made is not have ext. switching jacks for the fx loop and reverb unit.

I agree. I also like the preset EQ. I keep coming back to it after trying my own settings. I think I'm just going to stick with the preset on channel 3 and see about using the graphic EQ for other channels.

Call me lazy but I like it on channel 2 and 3. I use those channels without it for basic straight ahead classic 70's type rock tones and then stomp it in if I need a more updated heavier tone. I don't think I have them dialed full on but if memory serves I'm probably around 1:00 or 1:30 on channel 2 and maybe 3:00 - 3:30 on channel 3... almost like having 2 more channels to stomp to.

Scary said:
guitardom said:

I'd say the biggest mistake they made is not have ext. switching jacks for the fx loop and reverb unit.

i can for sure see your point on that. i was speaking more of the in terms of the eq system. but also i guess its dependant on your use. i have not gigged w my V yet. i have a studio and that is where it gets its use, so the switching systems are not in my line of sight of issues. though the gigging thing might change soon, but i am guessing i will be a bit bummed i sold my road king for those reasons. its a live players dream amp in terms of options and tonal flexibility. but then again cant wait to get the up there and crankin with the V.

Scary said:
guitardom said:

True dat, WTF? Seems like a down grade from the Mark IV

I found the geq sounds way different depending if ch3 is set to pentode or tridode mode. I don't really which, but one way sounded really good with it and the other fairly bad.

fr0sty said:
I found the geq sounds way different depending if ch3 is set to pentode or tridode mode. I don't really which, but one way sounded really good with it and the other fairly bad.

Well, I use the preset EQ and use triode mode, for what that's worth.

Latest posts

Back