Mesa V25 - headphone jack experience

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 84778

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a MarkV 90 that I keep in my studio but I just bought a MarkV 25 for the large living room just to play with when buddies drop by for a couple hour jam. Mesa Boogie have, in my opinion, crammed a couple of slices of heaven off of my MarkV 90 and put it into a compact, and very portable amp - I miss the preset EQ knobs that I do use on my big amp, but this is a very excellent AMP.....however,,,

A couple of things that I thought were pretty cool were - but am now having second thoughts about - and I would like anyone's opinion please:

a) The XLR plug to go directly into my FocusRite/Protools - but I've found it doesn't size up to a mic - OK - maybe not surprising and
b) I thought the headphone jack was a cool addition so I can come down at 2:00 in the morning and crank it up in a set of headphones.....

BUT, I've got a pretty good set of Audio Technica (38 ohms) and I don't get anything out of them. I'm searching for the output circuit schematics because I suspect that this is piggy backed on the speaker output - not sure what I would do different yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this headphone jack and any recommendation on headphones they have had good experience with on this rig?

Thanks!!!

Mark

Back