The horror....the horror....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boognoob

Reaction score
After having problems with my Mark V Combo's graphic sliders, I'd returned my amp to the store I got it from and they were sending it to Scotland to their authorised repairs guy. (being closer than the USA is.)

So I thought okay, just gonna have to play through the 90s valvestate head/Recto cab for a week or so..no biggie.

Then today I received a shocking call from my friend at the store.

The amp had made it all the way to Scotland, when the guy unloading the truck carelessly chucked my amp, and it fell off the back and the front caster is now where the speaker was apparently...!!! The amp was a wreck.

'It's not pinin'! It's passed on! This Mesa is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet it's maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, It
rests in peace! If they hadn't nailed it to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Its riff shaping processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig!
It's kicked the bucket, its shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-BOOGIE...!!

Now this guy who just wrecked nearly two and a half grand's worth of amp is liable. 3 witnesses prove it.
So his company's insurance will go to the store and they're gonna get me a brand new amp in a couple of weeks.

This time Im going for a Head version instead, taking store credit on the difference.
The weight size of the widebody cab was an issue getting about when bumming rides from folk especially when bringing the horizontal cab also..

The amp that had just departed this world in such epic fashion was of a serial number in the mid-eight-hundreds....
So I guess in a few weeks I'll be able to find out if theres any truth in the "newer amps sounding different" speculation....

Certainly having a stiff drink this evening though. Raising one to the greatest combo Ive ever played/owned.
May it rest in it's pieces.

:|

****! That's horrible! Good luck with the new one!

Thanks for the Monte Python, though!

This is why I had problems sending it to the distributor.
But it came out fine.

For your loss... my deepest respects.
Hope they get you a new one FAST!!!!
From what I heard, they sound the same, the old and the newer ones.

Look at the bright side, the wait will probably be shorter in any case.

Thanks guys for the kind words.... :D I really look forward to getting it.

Hope my friend in the store can get a pic of the remains.. ...if he can, I'll post it up here so that the thread can live up to its name in true fashion... :p

I'm not sure how insurance companies work over there, but often you can buy the damaged goods for 10 or 20 cents on the dollar. Since it's such a unique item (you could tell them it's a super, ultra-custom whatever), they might just go for it rather than try to sell it for salvage. You could end up with a great new amp and a repairable amp too.

(I used to work for a small insurance company and we did this a lot. Usually there's no better customer for a product than the original owner.)

edmiller9999 said:
I'm not sure how insurance companies work over there, but often you can buy the damaged goods for 10 or 20 cents on the dollar. Since it's such a unique item (you could tell them it's a super, ultra-custom whatever), they might just go for it rather than try to sell it for salvage. You could end up with a great new amp and a repairable amp too.

(I used to work for a small insurance company and we did this a lot. Usually there's no better customer for a product than the original owner.)

I would be allllllll over that! Opportunity ka-nocks!

ps: you left out "gave up the ghost" and "toast"

If you could buy it back from the insurance company cheap then you could just take out the guts and put in a headshell, buy a cab and bank the remaining cash.

Man I hadn't thought of that...!

Whom is the purchase made from, the Insurance company, you say? The guys who damaged it? Or the store? I dont know who technically owns the wreck....
Will definitely look into this. Thanks for the point-out...! If it doenst work out to be that way, Im moving to the states! lol

>Photi G< said:
Use the leftover store credit to buy a road case. :wink:

Was initially thinking of getting a hard case for my flying V.

But with a new and terrifying sense of 'mark V damage fear' in me this morning, your suggestion has a lot of extra weight to it...!!!

Thanks for the advice... the tolex would sleep at night a bit better, that for sure..!

Boognoob said:
Man I hadn't thought of that...!

Whom is the purchase made from, the Insurance company, you say? The guys who damaged it? Or the store? I dont know who technically owns the wreck....
Will definitely look into this. Thanks for the point-out...! If it doenst work out to be that way, Im moving to the states! lol

In the states you would buy it from the insurance company. Once they pay you for it they are essentially paying for the amp and it becomes their property to sell.

I'll have to ask my mate at the store to find out who they are.
(And the totality of how badly screwed it actually was)
:)

10-1 this is in your favor all the way around.
2.gif
2.gif

<minus not having a Mark V at the moment>
1.gif
1.gif

~Nep~

Also, by all accounts so far, it seems that UK law might be different to US law in regards to the 'buying the amp remains' thing.
That sort of thing is illegal apparently, due to anti-profiteering laws.
So that ain't looking too good.

But on the bright side, A new and head possibly hard case for it, (With renewed warranty and tubes) when I was so close to store cover elapsing, is a blessing, and the fact that I had two small tolex tears would have pretty much kyboshed a sale swap worth doing.

I would also love to see any pics, Ive emailed my friend at the store, and I've not heard back on that as yet.
So I presume hes chasing it up.

After a week of that Valvestate Im certainly ready for "Boogie the second"... :lol: I hope they speed that paperwork up...!!

Boognoob said:
Also, by all accounts so far, it seems that UK law might be different to US law in regards to the 'buying the amp remains' thing.
That sort of thing is illegal apparently, due to anti-profiteering laws.
So that ain't looking too good.

But on the bright side, A new and head possibly hard case for it, (With renewed warranty and tubes) when I was so close to store cover elapsing, is a blessing, and the fact that I had two small tolex tears would have pretty much kyboshed a sale swap worth doing.

I would also love to see any pics, Ive emailed my friend at the store, and I've not heard back on that as yet.
So I presume hes chasing it up.

After a week of that Valvestate Im certainly ready for "Boogie the second"... :lol: I hope they speed that paperwork up...!!

Leave it to the UK, God forbid someone make a profit. OH THE HORROR!!! I love my country.

Latest posts

Back