The horror....the horror....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is true, like a lot of people have said before here.
My girl doesn't understand so i come here... The guys from the band just don't want to listen and just tell me to take legal action (which is absurd in the country, because it will not help)

Its hard to justify in words what we feel when our most beloved possession (and in this case as guitarists) our voices, to some extent are lost for unpredictable amounts of time, or the amount of stress/worry/anger at mostly imagined negative outcomes during the time when its all up in the air.
Hopefully now (staying with the up in the air analogy) this is getting near the bit where you can tell where and roughly when the ball is gonna land.
Just hang on in there. The sadness is inevitable and if you've not killed anyone, then you'll have done well. This is the week, I believe, where you overtake me in my length of time it took to get sorted, so I'd be stunned if you dont hear something concrete this week. :)

I hear you on the point you made before about not raising so much of a fuss that it could somehow affect the repair process of your amp.... its a situation where teeth gritting is essential. But surely better now the company are aware... Once Mesa gets on to those distributors, hopefully that'll be all thats enough to sort your amp out either by guidance of the techs in your country, or by some kind of priority dispatched replacement or something....cause they can't let this go on forever....I bet they wouldn't be too happy if loads of european based consumers are left with non-working amps and with their d!cks in the wind on account of lazy/unprepared outsourced repair guys.

If it turns out in the end that you were being messed about by the store, then I'd definitely give 'em all the negative publicity that they'd deserve, but I'd certainly make sure that that was the case first, of course.

Latest/Final advances:
The guy from the distributor called me saying the amp was being tested by a tech... everything was ok, it should be shipped soon (This just before lunch)
Just after lunch, the amp arrived to the store... it's already at home with me, problem free, sofar!!!!
Still, do you see the type of info I get from these guys?
The tech is the guy from the store? He knows when he sees a problem, but he does not know how to solve them, is he a tech?
For Mesa Portugal... everyone is a tech...
The waiting is over, hope there is no more problems again!!!
Tnks to you all for bearing this with me...

win.jpg

Wow! Excellent...!!! Thats terrific news...really pleased for you...!!
I bet that was a relief, eh..?!!
Its an amazing feeling to get your voice back again, right?
Now proceed to riff like the devil himself..!! :D

Spent all night playing...
the Mark V can play lower volume than express 25... tomorrow i'll be trying the el34s I had for a month waiting!!!!
I will not forget to change the bias switch!!!!!! :D :D :D

Indeed!

I had confirmation that my neighbour was out this afternoon, and decided to test the opposite end of the loudness spectrum.
(I bought heavier gauged strings than my usual 9-42s...stuck em on the les paul and detuned to csharp/dropped b.)
And today I gave that a master-vol-at-12-o'clock full chuggage riff salute on extreme. (Full Bass on Graphic, and on the bass on the dial was at 2'o clock.)
It was the 1st time I'd caused noise like that, and now I must face life with only one side of my face I have left after the blast hit it lol.

Unbelieveable range of volume sounding amazing at either end of the scale.

Congrtas! I know what it is like waiting for something like that. It can be unbarable! :) Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back