Speaker replacement for one of the V30s in my Recto 2x12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I have a Recto vertical slant 2x12 which i really love, but sometimes I think I'm getting too much of the V30 character. I'm using a Studio Preamp/Mark III rig, and sometimes I feel like all I'm getting is mids. Does anybody have any suggestions for a good speaker to pair up with the V30 to balance out the tone a little bit?

1) Eminence V12 Legend
2) Eminence Governor
3) Jensen Mod 70 or 100

ty

You might try a Beam Blocker on the top speaker.
It may be just what you're looking for and it's much cheaper than a new speaker.

Basically, it is supposed to get rid of the upper mid spike and blend it in with the rest of the tones.

pixy said:
maybe a good old greenback :oops:

ahh sorry, i havent fully read your post, didnt see until later that you're looking for a scooped one..

Definitely don't want a scooped tone, but something to even out that big V30 mid spike a little bit.

Greenbacks are nice-sounding speakers but I would have power handling concerns with a 2x12 and a Mark III. Plus, wouldn't the V30 just completely overpower it anyway?

I've had a few (don't know if I can mention this word here.... :lol: ) Marshalls that had 1 V30 and a 30 watt Heritage 30. Sounded phenomenal together.

In fact, my THD cab still has this setup and I love it with high gain amps. It can flub if you use a Recto though.

Latest posts

Back