Road King Help!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slaytallica

Reaction score
Today I got offered a Road King for $1200.00

It's a year old and in absolutley Pristine Mint Condition. It comes with the original box, paper work, pedal, cables, covers and receipt. I have a 3 Channel Dual Rec already. Should I jump on this or what? Thanks for the help.

****, that sound way too good to be true. If everything is in working order, why are you even asking about this?

Yeah, I'd be careful... That sounds fishy!! I got screwed over on a deal for an amp that seemed too good to be true for the price, and it was!

Also, I'm selling both my Tremoverbs on Ebay right now and I had some guy hit me up with wanting to trade me his Road King for one of my Tremoverbs.. Straight across he said. I said I'd do it if he sent me the RK first, and then I'd send him the Tremoverb. I haven't heard back from him again.

Lots of scammers out there, if you do get it and you pay with a personal check and he cashes it and doesn't send you the amp, it would be easier to take to court than if you pay via PayPal or a money wire. Even a Money Order is easier to track and prosecute than an internet transaction.

tele_jas said:
Yeah, I'd be careful... That sounds fishy!! I got screwed over on a deal for an amp that seemed too good to be true for the price, and it was!

Also, I'm selling both my Tremoverbs on Ebay right now and I had some guy hit me up with wanting to trade me his Road King for one of my Tremoverbs.. Straight across he said. I said I'd do it if he sent me the RK first, and then I'd send him the Tremoverb. I haven't heard back from him again.

Lots of scammers out there, if you do get it and you pay with a personal check and he cashes it and doesn't send you the amp, it would be easier to take to court than if you pay via PayPal or a money wire. Even a Money Order is easier to track and prosecute than an internet transaction.

The guy is here in NYC and I'm gonna see it and play it in person before any cash exchanges hands. I'm going to see him today. If all goes well I'll have a new RK by tommorow.

I may be a little too suspicious, but get a reciept! Tell him it's for taxes if he asks... Don't want you to get caught with a "Hot" amp at your next gig.

Or maybe find out where he got it and then check out his story to see if he really bought from where he said.

Like I said, I may be a little too suspicious, but you gotta watch your back too on a deal that seems too good to be true.

And if it's all true and pans out, GET THE AMP!! That's the BEST amp I've ever played through, PERIOD!

I would be a little suspicious too. If everything checks out I would buy it though. Why is he selling it so cheap? Maybe he is just in a bad situation and really needs $1200. I have a Road King and I would never sell it for that price.

If the amp and deal is on the level, consider it a very Merry Christmas!!!! I'd take the bait and go look at it. Hopefully, it's not hot.

Good Luck!

I agree with everyone else here....be sure it's not a hot amp....get a copy of the original receipt if you can, a bill of sale with the guy's drivers licence number or something on it....just protect yourself.

If everything checks out, BUY IT IMMEDIATELY OR IM COMING TO NY TO GET ME ANOTHER RK!!!!!

RB

Latest posts

Back