Can you help identify this cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Reaction score
Hello!

Long story short, I've blindly bought what I think is an old cab, based on description alone, and I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is before it gets here, which could be a couple of weeks. The plan is to pair it with my Mark IVa. It's part of the Long&McQuade sale they do every year to clear out old and used stock.

So the only information I have at the moment is the text from the sale flyer:
WB-112CB-V30 MESA BOOGIE MESA 1X12 WIDEBODY CLOSED BACK 70W 8OHM

I already have one of the 3/4 back C90 1x12 cabs, and my hope is that this one will be similarly sized - so I could put together my own little poor-mans Road King style mini stack kind of thing with the two different speakers paired up, which would be great.

Google tells me nothing about the model number, and the description could be a number of cabs. I know there are newer widebody cabs, but they aren't the same size, which is why I'm trying to figure it out. So I figured this might be a good place to ask - is there any information out there about this model number that might point at whether or not I'm going to be getting what I'm expecting?

https://legacy.mesaboogie.com/cabin...compact-series/1x12-widebody-closed-back.html
I think that’d be the one you’ll be getting.. a bit narrower than the three quarters i think 🤔
Both are nice cabs

1695539382431.png

It took me until now to realize that even the similar-sized ones are slightly different from eachother. Seems pretty unlikely now that it'll match what I have very closely. I'm sure I'll still be happy with it, but it would have been really cool to have the two match.

Back