NAD Mesa Boogie Mark I 1x15 RARE!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkvoice

Reaction score
My Mesa Boogie Mark I combo, original 1970s issue. Comes with foot switch and cables (not sure if these are stock, but they came with the amp).

This one is a very rare bird - version with 15 inch speaker - only 300 were made (1x15 models SN B001-B299) vs 3000 pieces of head or 1x12 cabinet versions. Mine has serial number B14X, which puts it right in the middle of the production period, somewhere in mid 1970s. Info is from this site:
https://mesaboogie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218914817-When-was-my-amp-made-

Amp came with some custom features from the factory, I could not find another one like this anywhere online. It has 7 knobs and 4 switches, the ones I saw had 6 knobs and 3 switches.

It has a Graphic EQ, which is also a nice option on Mark I.

Altec 418-8H speaker.

Amp is in mint condition, no wear on the panel, controls or tolex case. Not a single rip in tolex! Owner certainly took great care of this amp. I could not believe it's in such great shape after 50 years!

MESA_MKI_1x15_02sm.jpg
MESA_MKI_1x15_03sm.jpg
MESA_MKI_1x15_04sm.jpg
MESA_MKI_1x15_05sm.jpg

Does anyone have more info on this amp? Info is very limited on the web.

Is there a place where I can find documentation on it (user manual and schematics)?

Thanks!

Try searching this forum first there are Mark 1 schematic diagrams here.

There is a long thread with the title, “Help with my 1978 Mark 1”

Regards

Mark

Looks like a baddass rare model. I wonder what the speaker wattage is maybe 200? Would love to hear what it sounds like!

Back