Rectifier Lineage...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked this up this week in a trade. I believe from everything I have read it is a revision F. I am liking it a lot more than I thought I would! It is a lot more flexible in tone than I expected!

Serial: R-0012XX

MesaDualRec01.jpg

MesaDualRec02.jpg

MesaDualRec03.jpg

Vigo1999 said:
hey fellas, great topic! 8)

but what about some thoughts on Mavericks and Heartbreakers, since it's a Recto lineage thread?? i know the main reason was the heavier guys, but some info on those sweet babies will be also cool! :)

I second Vigo's request, Blue Angels included.

By the way, I own a TOV s/n 118XX and my board is the RR-1E. What does RR and 1E mean?
I read here that the TOV is based on the Recto revision G. Is that true? Any info about revisions on the Tremoverbs?

Thanks in advance.

I just got myself #R-0026xx and it has a 138 power tranny & a 105 OT. I guess that makes it a '93 Rev F. It sounds really nice, and it came with some old Tesla EL34s!

Mesa Triple Rectifier Rev F s# 72x
"10/92 GM"
PT "561156" "606-232"
OT "562181 "606-233"
Choke 9/29/92

Necro bump!

So I am in the market for a Recto, and had no idea that there was so much variation between versions.....
It gets a little confusing because some of the things I read contradict.
So I am trying to scope out a model that has the best gain, but still retains the clarity.
I have heard some versions that have that shrill buzzy top end that turned me off to the recto when they were first released.
I am looking at a 2 ch, and I think I may have found one. It is a small logo, attached power chord, 8-16, 8-16 speaker jacks, but the FX loops appears to be parallel, but I could be wrong on this, and there is no raw mode.
So it appears the one I am looking at is a Rev C, D, E, or F. I am waiting for the serial number.
Between the C, D, E, and F revisions how much variation is there in tone and gain?
I am a metal player, so I am trying to get a revision that has a pretty good amount of gain, but as I said, I don't want one that will become an over saturated mess, nor do I want that shrill, buzzy high end, that I know some recto's are known for.
I have been searching google trying to find somewhere were it is clearly laid out what the tonal differences are between each revision, but most I see just lay out what the feature differences are between revisions.
So someone please take me to church!
Thanks!

Pwrmac7600 said:
Necro bump!

So I am in the market for a Recto, and had no idea that there was so much variation between versions.....
It gets a little confusing because some of the things I read contradict.
So I am trying to scope out a model that has the best gain, but still retains the clarity.
I have heard some versions that have that shrill buzzy top end that turned me off to the recto when they were first released.
I am looking at a 2 ch, and I think I may have found one. It is a small logo, attached power chord, 8-16, 8-16 speaker jacks, but the FX loops appears to be parallel, but I could be wrong on this, and there is no raw mode.
So it appears the one I am looking at is a Rev C, D, E, or F. I am waiting for the serial number.
Between the C, D, E, and F revisions how much variation is there in tone and gain?
I am a metal player, so I am trying to get a revision that has a pretty good amount of gain, but as I said, I don't want one that will become an over saturated mess, nor do I want that shrill, buzzy high end, that I know some recto's are known for.
I have been searching google trying to find somewhere were it is clearly laid out what the tonal differences are between each revision, but most I see just lay out what the feature differences are between revisions.
So someone please take me to church!
Thanks!

They all pretty much have equal amount of gain, any difference will be because of the preamp tubes. As to clarity the Rev C is about the clearest but all the 2 channels are pretty clear.

FYI that buzzy high end goes away once you crank it and that is when the rectifiers come to life.

As others have mentioned, the buzzy top end is a low volume problem. Once you can open up the amp a bit, the speakers get moving and things sound much better.

What style of metal do you play? I have found that Bare Knuckle Pickups, or really, any clear and powerful pickup works well with a recto. I really don't like my recto for lead playing but it definitely has a crushing -albeit sloppy- rhythm tone. It's great for heavy rock but for really tight and rhythmic metal, a boost pedal may be necessary.

I have a Rev F and I do think that it sounds better than any other 2 channel (Rev G) or any 3 channel Recto I have tried. Definitely clear and bright, and it does have a pile of gain. It's quite dynamic for a high gain head so it is extremely responsive to pick attack. Weak right hands are exposed!! lol.

Sorry for another necro bump...

Just picked up a Dual Recto Tremoverb 2x12 combo. Has some interesting Rev F features.

- fixed power cord
- serial effects loop
- OT 562105 EIA606-324
- PT 561138 EIA606-322
- greenish blue jewel light
- S/N R-0025XX

Can’t see any build date from the outside so far. Haven’t yet opened up the chassis.

Latest posts

Back