Rack fit on oversized cab??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanchez

Reaction score
As the title says.

I have an oversized Recto slant 4x12 cab and want to know if a 4 or 6 space rack case will sit safely on top. I had the option if buying the other cab that had a wider top and now regret it but at the time I had no intention of building a rack setup.

Do you guys have any other ideas if it will not sit safely?

Thanks

Sanchez

Any rack should fit width. It is depth you should be concerned about. I personally woldn't put any rack on top of any cabinet. I have seen it done and seen them come crashing down too. I think it might be safe for a tuner and some really featherweight pieces but a 6 space by itself empty is pretty heavy. I have seen guys put rack boxes on top of heads too. I don't understand why you/they would want to. Go get a 12 or 16 and set it next to it loaded. That makes more sense. You can set a 4/6 on its side next to the cab also so it won't look as small. On top is asking for problems/accidents.

You are correct. I did mean deeper.

Problem is, a 12 space rack on wheels is way over kill. I am only ever gonna have the triaxis and 2:90, g-major and maybe a power conditioner. Plus I have no more room in my music room anyway.

I usually put mine behind the cab on it's side if I use any rack effects. I have a 4 space currently but have had 2 4 space racks at once. I had meant to get an 8 or 12 but never got around to it before offloading the racks. You might try making a stand for your rack case that will freestand. It could have a foot that extends from behind under the cab to the front for extra stability so it could only really fall onto the cab. I thought about designing one back in the 80's but never got around to it.

Latest posts

Back