Newbie problem - 5:25 stopped working.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an inspection tag tagged to the handle, and a few warning notes, nothing else really, I'll ask them about it when I pick it up later this week, thanks :).

Resolved... sort of.. the 5:25 1×10 went in to the shop, there's something properly wrong inside it which an engineer needs to replace and it will take weeks.
So, since they had another one in I traded/upgraded it to the 1×12 version instead, also got the manual (and soon to come cover), which you guys mentioned. Thanks! :)

Sure, anything specific? :)

Not really sure what to say though, it's a 5:25 1x12 now, and I'm really loving it. I live in an apartment at the moment, so it has to be turned as low as it can be currently, but even at low volume it's gorgeous and totally smooth, like silk. The clean tones are fantastic from it.. To be honest, I've never really appreciated clean channels before now, but this makes it a pleasure to play without any effects at all. I've yet to have a good play around with the distortion channels properly, and I'll need to have some volume for those, although they too carry over the richness from the clean sound.

The one which had the problems from before (the 5:25 1x10) was taken in to the shop and they had to send it off to an engineer who needed to get a replacement part for it. The one I have now is a traded upgrade from the dodgy one I had before. I don't know what went wrong with it, I'll ask next time I'm at the shop, which could be quite some time away though.

I am glad you are liking your new amp. I have one and love it. I also have a Lone Star Special, and actually like my 5:25 better. I get the distorted sounds I want but feel the 5:25 has better Fender clean sounds. So, better cleans and near equal distortion = a smile on my face.

JMHO,

TW

Back