Express + does not work as soon as the footswitch is connected

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mzzy1979

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I just bought a used Express 5:25+ and everythings fine. Only after I played it for a week I connected the footswitch and at that moment a problem acoured.
If the footswitch is connected the amp immediately kinda shuts down right when I turn it on + some strange noises acour like transformer electricity kind ones. But I could be wrong I´m not an electrition.
If the footswitch isnt connected everything works fine.
Tried a different footswitch cable, same...
????
PS Sorry for my Englisch I´m from Germany.
Any ideas!?
Thank you

Das hört sich fast so an, als wäre etwas im Fußschalter kurzgeschlossen. Wenn das Geräusch wie schnelles Klicken oder andere Dinge wie das Quietschen von Röhren klingt, stimmt etwas mit dem Fußschalter selbst nicht. Haben Sie den richtigen Fußschalter erwischt? Möglicherweise müssen Sie einen Ersatz besorgen oder den Fußschalter überprüfen lassen. Ich kenne die Express-Serie von Verstärkern nicht. Ich denke nur an ein offensichtliches Problem, das es sein könnte. Tut mir leid, dass das nicht hilft. Für die Schaltpläne der Mesa-Fußschalter-Bedienelemente ist nicht viel verfügbar.

Sie sind sich nicht sicher, was passieren würde, wenn Sie sich für die Verwendung der Übersetzerfunktion im Webbrowser entscheiden würden. Das verwandelt alles, was du siehst, in die Sprache deiner Wahl.

Ah, found it, I can use the right mouse button after selecting the text and then use the translate feature from the list.

Ah, ich habe es gefunden, ich kann die rechte Maustaste verwenden, nachdem ich den Text ausgewählt habe, und dann die Übersetzungsfunktion aus der Liste verwenden.

Last edited:
Just another thought.

The Mesa has these simple latching foot switch options as well.
There is a simple jack conector per options (channel, eq, reverb and contour switching).

Maybe you could test if there is anything wrong with some switching cicuitry in the amp by testing seperately each connection. All you need is a mono jack cable and a simple latching pedal.

And of course this also works as a beautiful work around: I often use a stereo cable with two jacks having a BOSS two-connector pedal, both set to switching mode. Works great! The reverb and the eq are always on so I use it to switch channels and contour.

Just a thought.

Das hört sich fast so an, als wäre etwas im Fußschalter kurzgeschlossen. Wenn das Geräusch wie schnelles Klicken oder andere Dinge wie das Quietschen von Röhren klingt, stimmt etwas mit dem Fußschalter selbst nicht. Haben Sie den richtigen Fußschalter erwischt? Möglicherweise müssen Sie einen Ersatz besorgen oder den Fußschalter überprüfen lassen. Ich kenne die Express-Serie von Verstärkern nicht. Ich denke nur an ein offensichtliches Problem, das es sein könnte. Tut mir leid, dass das nicht hilft. Für die Schaltpläne der Mesa-Fußschalter-Bedienelemente ist nicht viel verfügbar.

Sie sind sich nicht sicher, was passieren würde, wenn Sie sich für die Verwendung der Übersetzerfunktion im Webbrowser entscheiden würden. Das verwandelt alles, was du siehst, in die Sprache deiner Wahl.

Ah, found it, I can use the right mouse button after selecting the text and then use the translate feature from the list.

Ah, I found it, I can use the right mouse button after selecting the text and then use the translate function from the list.Poetry

This almost sounds like something in the footswitch is short-circuited. If the noise sounds like a quick click or other things like the squeaking of tubes, there's something wrong with the footswitch itself. Did you get the right footswitch? You may need to get a replacement or have the footswitch checked. I don't know the Express series of amps. I'm just thinking of an obvious problem that it could be. Sorry that doesn't help. There's not much available for the schematics of the Mesa footswitch controls.

The cord for the 5:25 Express + looks like a MIDI cable, but it's not. Make sure you're using the correct cable.

Back