MINI MARK V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iceman63 said:
Hey guys,
I've never owned a Mark series. Would the mini pull off classic rock ok? I may have to drive down to Raleigh to try one out...closest one.

Most definitely. I have also had a very good experience with the Mini Rec and classic rock tones. It's really scratchy and punchy and cuts through nicely.

With the MV25, I have a hard time not setting it to a more modern heavy tone because it does that so well. But as dbagchee pointed out, Crunch is amazing. It is really lively and responsive. And ch2 with GEQ off is very vintage-sounding. It's going to take me years to explore the tones this thing is capable of.

dbagchee said:
It should handle classic rock tones just fine, Channel 1 Crunch in particular.

Hey dbagchee 8) , saw that you also has a Stiletto Deuce I, i wonder if the crunch mode in the mini mk is the same gain wise and sensitive as that mode in the stiletto (i understand that the tone may differ). I also have a stiletto and LOVE that mode on it. Very sensitive, could be agressive or gentle, plus it nails that hard/heavy tone with a breeze.

Vigo1999 said:
Hey dbagchee 8) , saw that you also has a Stiletto Deuce I, i wonder if the crunch mode in the mini mk is the same gain wise and sensitive as that mode in the stiletto (i understand that the tone may differ). I also have a stiletto and LOVE that mode on it. Very sensitive, could be agressive or gentle, plus it nails that hard/heavy tone with a breeze.

Yes, it is voiced with a similar goal for sure. You know that it's a channel that Mesa thought would be vey popular since they decided to put it in both channels on the Stiletto. Having a similar channel on the Mark V 25 is just another example of the versatility of this thing. If you like to control a lot of your tone from the volume knob, that is definitely the best channel. I play a lot of higher gain stuff so I spend more time on the Tite Gain channel myself ;)

dbagchee said:
Get to use my new Mark Five 25 at rehearsal tonight! Can't wait to let this beast loose!

So how did it handle band rehearsal?

Like to hear this from a few people before I pull the trigger.

For me it only needs to be loud enough to handle practice.

If it can hang playing Metallica with a hard hitting drummer, a bass player and another guitarist and still sound good (I don't care if the volume knob is on 7 or 8, it just needs to sound good and not falling apart at that volume) then it will be a keeper.

The Mini Mark V sounds terrific. Very pleased with this amp. I would like to see is the cab clone DI out on the Mark V 90Watt Amp. That would get me back to using a Mark V live.

UPDATE: After watching the Petrucci vid with Randal, I could not help myself and revisit that crunch channel. They spent most of the video going back to it. I set mine exactly as the demo and HOLY %$##*. I could not get the volume as high as they did on mine or it was TOO LOUD at practice. Yes is said it, a 25 watt amp TOO LOUD. That CRUNCH mode is a work of art. Randal said it was hard to do, but gosh darn, Thats good stuff. Only problem since its channel one. NO clean live. CRUNCH mode for rhythm work and MARK IV for SOLO, was insane. Just for those who don't already know, I use a real C+ exclusively. Well not anymore, It will depend on the venues load in scenario. I have no reservations using the MINI. Probably not possible, but REV. B access to clean and crunch on MINI. THAT CRUNCH is nothing like the daddy V.

There is a surprising amount of low end available in this amp. Rolling my crunch lab equipped jackson 7 string thru this is thunderous! Crunch channel for da win!

Latest posts

Back