Serious question šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zboogieman

Reaction score
I have a Mesa Dual Rectifier Recroverb 25. Is there any risk to playing it all the way up cranked? I have never needed to even go past 12:00 because it is crazy loud! In the event I need more what can happen? Thanks. Note: I am using a Mini Rec cab with Combo, The PA isnā€™t connected to the Combo or cab.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 9
No risk at all, Iā€™d say, other than to your ears. LOL

The way the dial works youā€™ll only get a pinch more volume going from noon to max, you may not notice much difference at all above noon.

Last edited:
Hey Z:)

Per the photo, if you're not elevating both the combo and the cab, I'd suggest doing that - you'll hear more of the top end and it should be much louder:)If possible, separate and elevate both the combo and the cab, you'll get more of a 3d vibe since the enclosures are not identical. And like Mace said, at a certain point turning up the master volume just drives the power amp section harder so you'll get more power amp overdrive, more 'give' from the amp, but not a ton more volume. Happy motoring;)

Back