How to connect the Mesa 1x10 extension cabinet to the Mark V 25 combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kisschicken

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Mesa 1x10 open back 8ohm extension cabinet and I want to plug it into my Mark V 25 combo amp which comes with an 8ohm speaker. The 8 ohm speaker is currently plugged into the 8ohm slot in the back of the amp. There are two empty 4 ohm slots and the extension cabinet has an in and out port to run in parallel. I have no idea what I need to do to use the combo speaker + the extension cabinet at the correct settings. Can anyone help?

This is described on page 41 of the manual, example 6. You want to move the combo speaker to one of the 4 ohm jacks, and plug the extension cabinet into the other. The two 4 ohm outputs are wired in parallel for a 4 ohm total load, which is what two 8 ohm speakers in parallel equals.

Don't worry about the parallel out on the cabinet, as you won't be using it.

This is described on page 41 of the manual, example 6. You want to move the combo speaker to one of the 4 ohm jacks, and plug the extension cabinet into the other. The two 4 ohm outputs are wired in parallel for a 4 ohm total load, which is what two 8 ohm speakers in parallel equals.

Don't worry about the parallel out on the cabinet, as you won't be using it.
Thank you! Exactly what I needed.

Back