Using Blues Jr FSR as extension cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

add95

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum. I have a question that I'm having a hard time finding a clear answer for. I want to use my blues jr FSR as an extension cabinet for my Fillmore 25 combo. The blues jr only has an input. What would be the safest way to do this? Which speaker jack, do I need a splitter, etc. Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the forum.

Quickly researching the Blues Jr FSR you can’t easily do this. You need direct access to the FSR’s speaker. You could take off the back, disconnect the speaker from the amp, and connect a speaker cable with 1/4” plug to the FSR’s speaker and plug that into the Fillmore. What is the wattage and impedance of the speaker in the FSR?

You cannot directly connect the speaker output of the Fillmore to the input of the FSR. You could get a unit designed to plug into your Fillmore speaker jack to convert it to a line level signal, but I doubt the FSR would handle that hot of an input signal, it’s designed for an instrument.

Dom

There's always a way to do something like that. Heck, just for fun, I had an old cheap Mustang 1 with the 10". I just took the leads from the amp and ran them to an input jack that I mounted into the ear panel with quick connectors. I ran it into a 1x12 I had. It was definitely an improvement, but the whole thing was just for fun.

Don't mean to be out of line, but man, with as nice an amp as you have in your Fillmore, my unsolicited input is to just do it the right way and acquire a proper 1x12 cab. Man, those things pop up on Craigslist, ebay, etc., for next to nothing.

In terms of what you have to look forward to, creating a 'mini-stack' (though it's not all that 'mini'!) with your combo sitting on top of a 1x12? You'll love it. My mini stack is a PRS "30", (el84s) 1x12 into an Avatar 1x12 w/ a Celestion v30 and man, that rig rocks! Big sound and great tone. It's especially nice if you're combining an open-back with a closed back.

Shoot, I'd LOVE to have a Fillmore 25 and do the same .

Good luck with whatever you do!

Attachments

• 20240318_123439.jpg
    20240318_123439.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 0
Back