• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gibson Explorer pro fs/ft

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splatter

Reaction score
had this up before but pulled it both times ,this time it has to go
.This is from the first run of pros and these guitars are becoming harder and harder to find.
Guitar is trans black, It has an ebony fret board block inlays ,grover tuners stock pickups which I believe are 500 and 496 . Its in excellent condition it has a couple of spots on the back(pictured ) where it was touched with a soldering iron . They don't go through to the wood . some light pick scratches under the high e as is expected on any guitar with no pick guard . The neck is straight and the frets are as new with no wear . I believe the neck profile is a 60s profile cause its not fat and its very comfortable . It is currently set up with 9s and I just set the intonation with a strobe tuner and the action is low and fast . It comes with OHSC which still looks new .
Guitar also has wcr pots which make a world of difference in the tone . I have the original pots if you want them .
$1350 firm shipped . low balls will be ignored

as for trades I don't have any cash to add . Im kinda looking for an SG standard + cash or a Marshall jcm 800 or jmp + cash . But feel free to try me with what you have cause you never know .

videos here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg3ITwymllw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2zWCRTbVU

body-1.jpg

expfront1.jpg

hs.jpg

hsrear-1.jpg

neck.jpg

back-4.jpg

Trade for 1998 Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop w/upgraded pickups (Duncan's I think, high output)?

That is WAAY cool!! I had a black Explorer years ago that I really liked. It was a total tone monster w/ all that body mass. I think this one wins though!! 8)

Somebody's gonna get a killer Explorer!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back