Finally my 4x12 arrives

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Reaction score
Ordered my cab the same day I ordered my head…Head got here in a week and have been waiting a month for the cabinet. Most cases it is the other way around.. anyway now I can really run the paces on the Dyne with a decent speaker box.. here is a Picture.

Cheers Bill

newcab001.jpg

is that a stiletto 4x12? hows it sounding?

that marshall looks like a toy next to the mesa (its only 4x10 right)

is that a stiletto 4x12? hows it sounding?

that marshall looks like a toy next to the mesa (its only 4x10 right)

No it’s a RECTO 4x12 cab….it sounds amazing way more harmonics and bottom end than the Marshall cab…the Marshall cab is a 4x12 mg cab…still has 4.. 12 inch speakers in it but the box itself is smaller in size and lighter in weight….Marshall uses a cheaper plywood in them to keep the cost down.. and now that I have the RECTO I realize the cheap wood robs some tone as well.. its nice for what it is and I can get some good sounds out of it….the Marshall rig will be my back up rig now.. also being Solid state its good for late night practice if I just don’t feel like warming the Dynes Tubes up..

Cheers
Bill

Excellent. I have a recto 412 as well, and am just waiting to crown it with an Electra Dyne Head as well.

Soon... :lol:

Nice! The Marshall really looks outclassed there.

I went to my local Mesa dealer yesterday (Guitar Center in my area) to try one out and they can't keep the ED in stock. Man, a week ago they had them on the floor. While they did have a Mk V 1X12 combo, they said that the ED's and Mk V's generally only lasted about 24 hours once they put them up on display. Must be a couple of hot amps. I'm researching these right now to determine my next amp. I like the high gain, but I'm more of a classic rock player so the ED makes sense. I've got to give them a listen though.

David

Really NICE looking EDyne rig!! I've just GOT to find one of these to take a test drive on to see what I'm missing. :wink: It seems every time I go to GC their demo unit hs just been sold... :shock: I'll get a turn one of these days...Nice rig, man; congrats!

Latest posts

Back