connect dc5 combo with extra cabinet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vojin

Reaction score
I just got a bass cabinet 1x15,8 ohm speaker.
Is there a way of using it along with the combo dc5's 1x12 8ohm speaker?
How to connect them?
DC5 got 1x8ohm and 2x4ohm output jacks.
Help?

Since they would be in parallel if you used an extension cab that was also 8ohms you would need to plug them both into the 4 ohm taps I believe. Don't take my word for it though wait till someone else agrees.

kartoffel said:
Since they would be in parallel if you used an extension cab that was also 8ohms you would need to plug them both into the 4 ohm taps I believe. Don't take my word for it though wait till someone else agrees.

yes you are correct. the two 4 ohm sockets are in parallel. i do the same thing with my DC-5, but i wire a 8 ohm 2x12 cabinet, along with the 8 ohm 1x12 combo speaker.

thank you!
That means:mesa speaker into 4ohm jack,and another speaker into another 4ohm jack,right?
Is there gonna be any change in amps sound,performanance or feel?

Vojin said:
thank you!
That means:mesa speaker into 4ohm jack,and another speaker into another 4ohm jack,right?
Is there gonna be any change in amps sound,performanance or feel?
Yes, that is the correct way to hook everything up.

I do the same thing with a 2x12 cabinet, and that in conjunction with the 1x12 combo speaker made the sound get much fuller and I didn't have to turn the output level as high as I did with just the 1x12.

there might be a different feel and performance but it would be minimal. basically your running more speakers off of the same transformer. your switching the ohms load though just like shifing your cars transmission. so the transformer would be working just as much so it doesn't over rev. but in a car at highway speeds you get better MPG so you might like the sound better or not as much because you would be getting less torque(power) to each wheel(speaker) It all evens out across the board though. Ohms law makes the ratio between everything ok so that you don't blow out your transformer when running bigger loads so you switch the ohms to compensate. You will probably like the fuller tone of more speakers though.

Latest posts

Back