The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one at one time. It was their standard closed-back 2x12 w/Vintage 30's. Great mids and highs, but the lows were not flattering for my Dual Recto.

I've used the 212 Special (G12H30 and V30 together) with my Tremoverb combo and it sounded great. I'm torn between a 2x12 Rectifier cabinet and an Avatar Vintage closed back when I next expand.

I use the same cab and speaker combo as ghunter with my RK1. It's a great sounding cab and I've been very happy with it. No complaints at all.

I'm considering getting one of Avatar's 1x12 cab specials for another amp that I have, but am torn as to whether I should go open back or closed (for a different sound) I have a little 5/15 watt combo amp that has a 1x10, but really opens up, sounds louder, and is so much more full with a 12" speaker.

When I want to get really loud I use either one or both of my Avatar 4-10" sealed cabs loaded with Celestion G10 Vintage speakers with my Mark IV head. I also run my TriAxis/50-50 rack rig through the two 4-10" cabs or I switch the 50-50 poweramp to low power (15 watts per channel) and run it through my Avatar 2-12" stereo cab which is loaded with a pair of Celestion Alnico Blues.

I have one 2x12 special (G12H30 and V30 together/open back), and another with V30's (closed back).

I don't have a basis for comparison though, but I've been happy so far!

I wonder how the Avatar 2x12's compare to the mesa 2x12's?

We did a quick home comparison once between my Avatar 2x12 and a Lonestar Special combo plus an additional Lone Star extension cab with a V30. So it was 2 speakers compared to 2 speakers. We used the LSS both times. It wasn't exactly scientific, but the Avatar cab came out quite well in comparison tonewise to our ears. Both set ups sounded very good and we heard no glaring differences. Keep in mind that this was in a garage studio and there may have been a more noticeable difference outdoors or in a large room, listening from 30 feet away. It'd be an interesting comparison, though, under stage or performance conditions.

i have the g212h with vintage 30s and the 412slant with vintage 30s, both sound great, but recently the 212 has developed a rattle, and i havent found its source. but they are really good for the money

I have the Avatar special with V30 and G12h30 open back with my tremoverb and love it. It's also performed well with my rectoverb and Mark IV. I got a close back panel also for the cab, but prefer it in open back configuration. The cleans are much nicer and the closed back bass was to boomy.

Latest posts

Back