4x12 Recto Cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejay

Reaction score
I had thought about taking out 2 of the installed V30s and exchanging for a couple of Black Shadows in my cab. I took out the screws on the back of the cab and I cannot for the life of me get the back off the cab! I do not want to rip up the cab trying to get into it. Any suggestions? Anyone done this?

Remove all the screws around the edge of the back panel.

Remove the jack plate in the middle of the back panel.

Stick your hand in the hole left by the jack plate and pull like a mother-f*cker.

:D

screamingdaisy said:
Remove all the screws around the edge of the back panel.

Remove the jack plate in the middle of the back panel.

Stick your hand in the hole left by the jack plate and pull like a mother-f*cker.

:D

+1 :lol:

If your cab hasn't been opened previously it will take a good amount of force to pry the back panel off.

Def did all of that.... pulled and pulled! They do not make these things to OPEN! :D

Your next step might be to use a really thin flat head screwdriver and go around the entire back panel (in between the crack of the panel and the cab) and try to pop it off in different spots.
I had to do the same with mine when I installed 2 C90's in there. I was certain pulling it would've worked for you though.

Yes - I wouldn't use a screwdriver. If the hammer trick doesn't work you could try a stiff blade 1.5" putty knife.

Believe it or not they do make putty knives with different blade strengths

JCDenton6 said:
Your next step might be to use a really thin flat head screwdriver and go around the entire back panel (in between the crack of the panel and the cab) and try to pop it off in different spots.
I had to do the same with mine when I installed 2 C90's in there. I was certain pulling it would've worked for you though.

What did you think of the switch with a couple of C90s and I am assuming V30s?

^ I liked the change, made for a thicker crunchier sound while maintaining bite. Evened out the midrange spectrum. I have the V30's and C90's in an "X" pattern.

I have the "X-pattern" in mine as well. Blends the tones really nicely and makes it a little more dynamic than an all-V30 loaded cab IMO.

-AJH

tested and works.... I have a another mic coming this week and some new recording software so I can put the cab under a microscope and hear how it sounds speaker to speaker.

btw taking the handle off the side of the cab and knocking out the panel with a mallet - great idea! :D

Good luck to you, but I'll never remove the back of my Stiletto 4x12.
It sounds so good and I believe part of the reason is the tight seal it has.

actually my purpose to have two different sets of speakers was to record the same parts via different speakers at the same time. the other mic comes tuesday, so I will know pay off then

Latest posts

Back