Tremoverb channel switching help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kupke

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I can't find the exact information I'm looking for anywhere on the web, so I thought i'd try here before contacting Mesa.

I bought me a TOV second hand a while back, which includes the 4 footswitches. I've never really used them, because frankly, i've never wanted to switch to the clean channel from the vintage hi-gain one! ;)

But now I do want to switch between clean and hi-gain on this amp because it's going to be my main amp instead of the Mark IV. However, the footswitches don't seem to work. I've tried jackplugs and stereo jacks, but somehow it's just not responding.

I do eventually want to switch the channels through midi with my Rockman MIDI Octopus, but I first need to find out whether:

- I'm just not using the right plugs/cables for external switching
- My amp's switching functions are broken

Can any experienced TOV users tell me how they switch their amp? What cables? Are they stereo? Or do you use Y-cables with a MIDI switcher?

Help is VERY much appreciated!

are you referring to the channel switch or the clone channel switch?

Does the normal channel switch (to the far left on the back) have to sit on the green channel? I can't comment on what it is on atm, I would have to check when I get home.

The channel select switch. There's a position on it (not sure what it is on the Tverb) where it has to be set in order for the footswitch to work.

Sorry, you can set it either to the orange or red channel. I just noticed in the manual that it has to be set to the orange channel. So definetly gonna try that!

Can you tell me though whether you use mono or stereo jacks for external switching on the rectifiers? The manual suggests TIP/RING so that would make it mono if i'm not mistaken.

Hi Mikey,

I tried it last night. I can get the channel switching to work now, funny thing is, it worked with the switch that you use for turning the reverb on/off instead of the actualy channel switching box. I think that might be broken, since I presume all the footswitches are the same? (relays?)

These Rectifiers don't use relays in them. Instead, they use light dependent resistors for the switching. If it's changing the channels, it's working correctly.

Are you using the stock Mesa footswitches, or another type of switch? The factory footswitches are just a tip to ground shorting type connection. If you're using a multi-switch pedal (especially one that has a tip/ring/sleeve connector), that could account for the reverb changing the channels.

i have the separate switches. If they're all the shorting type, they essentially all work the same and are interchangeable right?

Then i think one of the switches might be broken. No matter though, I started using my midi switcher to get everything going last night. Works like a charm. As long as you remember to stick it on the orange channel! ;)

Latest posts

Back