dual rectifier help please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megametal7

Reaction score
rectifier help...

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my issue..

I got dual rec 100w head second hand.... it came with a foot switch which i'm finding useless as it dose not do what i want.... ( or im stupied and dont know how to use it) whichever the way heres the issue...

I like channel 3, i want to be able bring in loop on/off with fx button on footswitch which it dose not do .. Only way i can have delay on is if i assign back knobs to channel three and set loop on.. which makes foot switch redundant....

is there way so i can have delay in fx loop and bring it on/off with fx button on foot switch regardless on which channel im on? Tech said only way to do it is have it moded. according to tech, nothing wrong with a amo or the footswitch....

what am I doing wrong?

may thanks in advance,

Do you know if it's the right footswitch for the amp? I don't think the switching for the Multi-Watt DRs works the same as the older 3-channels.

rectifier help...

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my issue..

I got dual rec 100w head second hand.... it came with a foot switch which i'm finding useless as it dose not do what i want.... ( or im stupied and dont know how to use it) whichever the way heres the issue...

I like channel 3, i want to be able bring in loop on/off with fx button on footswitch which it dose not do .. Only way i can have delay on is if i assign back knobs to channel three and set loop on.. which makes foot switch redundant....

is there way so i can have delay in fx loop and bring it on/off with fx button on foot switch regardless on which channel im on? Tech said only way to do it is have it moded. according to tech, nothing wrong with a amo or the footswitch....

what am I doing wrong?

may thanks in advance,

Hello and congratulations on new amp 🎉

1712603434977.png

That image is from original 3ch DR manual. If the assign and the channel knobs are set to FTSW it should work as you described.

If it doesn’t there may be some other issue.

1712603765764.png

You can check if the loop switching works by using simple shorting cable/single ledless footswitch in the switching/loop jack.

Knobs as mentioned in previous post and short/open the loop should be active or off

This would rule out the original footswitches cable/connectors issues 😁

Here is my foot switch and cable that came with it. Fx loop works if i assign to whichever channel but it wont do what I want. According to tech foots witch and amp seems fine and they are as they should…. But im confused why wont it work then ?
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-08 at 23.13.54_f96344cf.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-08 at 23.14.02_9616e8cc.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-08 at 23.23.27_21d62074.jpg

I've never had a Big Foot controller. They don't take a 9V, do they? Just looking for obvious stuff here...

First things first, try a different cable, clean the sockets, inspect the FX switch itself. Something isn't getting through, could be a relay in the amp (just guessing, I'm not sure what's in there), could be a faulty switch, could be crud on the pins, it could be something trivial or not to trivial but do yourself a favour and eliminate the easy possibilities first.

First things first, try a different cable, clean the sockets, inspect the FX switch itself. Something isn't getting through, could be a relay in the amp (just guessing, I'm not sure what's in there), could be a faulty switch, could be crud on the pins, it could be something trivial or not to trivial but do yourself a favour and eliminate the easy possibilities first.
Thanks for your replay:…

Ive tried with 3 different sets of cables but nada…..

Ive contacted uk authorised mesa here to see what they say.

I believe the solo head has a parallel FX loop. Try setting the two controls on the back at the center point. Small dot on the knob should be at the top. Good that you turned off the delay as the volume did not change but when turning off the FX loop it drops out. Send level is too low or the blend level is too high. The two dual rectifiers I have are the Roadster and MWDR. No blend knob as they both run a series FX loop. Parallel loop, The send level affects the dry signal as well as that sent through the FX loop. You may need to adjust the send level and mix level to get a good balance. If your effect unit has both dry and wet signal, some allow for removal of the dry signal so only the effect is present on the return of the loop and the internal parallel connection retains the normal guitar sound. they both get blended together after the return jack. I never had the experience of the parallel FX loop so I may be of little help here.

I believe the solo head has a parallel FX loop. Try setting the two controls on the back at the center point. Small dot on the knob should be at the top. Good that you turned off the delay as the volume did not change but when turning off the FX loop it drops out. Send level is too low or the blend level is too high. The two dual rectifiers I have are the Roadster and MWDR. No blend knob as they both run a series FX loop. Parallel loop, The send level affects the dry signal as well as that sent through the FX loop. You may need to adjust the send level and mix level to get a good balance. If your effect unit has both dry and wet signal, some allow for removal of the dry signal so only the effect is present on the return of the loop and the internal parallel connection retains the normal guitar sound. they both get blended together after the return jack. I never had the experience of the parallel FX loop so I may be of little help here.
Thanks for your replay.. I’ll try that tomorrow…and see what happens…
Here is the pic of how its set now

IMG_6622.jpeg

That looks to be a Three Channel Non-Multiwatt, so yes, it has the Parallel effects loop. The "SEND" Control is in the circuit regardless of whether the effects loop is assigned to that channel and/or activated with the foot switch.

Do the effects you are using have a "100% wet" option?

That looks to be a Three Channel Non-Multiwatt, so yes, it has the Parallel effects loop. The "SEND" Control is in the circuit regardless of whether the effects loop is assigned to that channel and/or activated with the foot switch.

Do the effects you are using have a "100% wet" option?
Only use tc electronic delay and mxr zw chorus for cleans sometimes ( rarely) most of the time its of… just need delay for leads.

Thanks for your replay.. I’ll try that tomorrow…and see what happens…
Here is the pic of how its set now

View attachment 3785

Put the level knob in the middle as a starting point. Pedals not compatible with line level will usually do strange things while in the loop - I don’t know about your pedals how they work..

try the loop without pedals. Cable from send to return and adjust the levels so that they match (fx loop on/off) then add pedals one by one and check if the levels drop…

And with parallel loop you should use 100% wet setting in all effects.

I would look at the TC delay pedal manual. Most of them have a means to kill the dry signal so only the wet (effect part) will be processed. It will be a dip switch or jumper inside the pedal. However, if you use that same effect with another amp that has a series FX loop you will only get the delay parts and not the dry parts. Not sure what happens when you put it into bypass mode though. You can just leave it as is.

I did like what I heard in your video, it sounded good but yeah, when turning off the FX loop on the footswitch sort of choked off your guitar signal. The blend control should be set at the center point. If you have it at max, the dry signal will be choked off as you have experienced. Probably why it retained its character when you placed the pedal in bypass. I can see why many have converted the parallel FX loop to a series FX loop. Not sure what that requires but it is a hard mod done to the PCB board.

Put the level knob in the middle as a starting point. Pedals not compatible with line level will usually do strange things while in the loop - I don’t know about your pedals how they work..

try the loop without pedals. Cable from send to return and adjust the levels so that they match (fx loop on/off) then add pedals one by one and check if the levels drop…

And with parallel loop you should use 100% wet setting in all effects.
I tried it today but it still the same….

I think it's the design of the amp and I have to live with it and do it from my pedalboard ( delay on/off ).

I would look at the TC delay pedal manual. Most of them have a means to kill the dry signal so only the wet (effect part) will be processed. It will be a dip switch or jumper inside the pedal. However, if you use that same effect with another amp that has a series FX loop you will only get the delay parts and not the dry parts. Not sure what happens when you put it into bypass mode though. You can just leave it as is.

I did like what I heard in your video, it sounded good but yeah, when turning off the FX loop on the footswitch sort of choked off your guitar signal. The blend control should be set at the center point. If you have it at max, the dry signal will be choked off as you have experienced. Probably why it retained its character when you placed the pedal in bypass. I can see why many have converted the parallel FX loop to a series FX loop. Not sure what that requires but it is a hard mod done to the PCB board.

I might get it moded like my Marshall amps to make it simple…..

For now Im living it as is…. Maybe ill sell the amp and get different head.

Back