Recently purchased a Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkennedy100

Reaction score
I play very heavy music. I must say that I am very impressed with the Mark V. It is so tight. It is unforgiving for sloppy players...but it is so tight for polished players.

I use a KFK MXR 10-band EQ as a pre-EQ. It is doing +6 500hz and +3 125hz (no volume or gain boost). This provides additional attack for high gain. The G Major in the effects loop sounds great...I use the G Major parametric EQ for extra kick - and a hint of delay to thicken the sound. I get a great distortion sound with this. No crazy distortion pedals, etc needed. Stock tubes are great.

Both the extreme and MKIV settings are very good for high gain. I love the 10 watt, 45 watt, and 90 watt switching capabilities.

The clean channel is amazing. Just add a little chorus to make it shine even more.

So much tone in this thing! I'm using an over-sized recto cabinet with stock v30s that sounds great.

FYI - the guitars have EMG 81/85 with the 18V mod. I highly recommend this setup for metal!

Hello jkennedy100,

Do you have some clips? I am curious about the eq boost in front of the amp...
I also have an EMG equipped guitar with the 18V mod, but find it less detailed, with less deep bass and high freq definition than my SD JB/Jazz loaded ones.

Best :) ,
Marcelo

No clips yet. I'll post eventually. If the EMGs aren't your preference, then you may like the Seymour Duncan blackouts. As far as pre-eq goes....soooooo much tone shaping can be done with pre-eq. I don't go without it.

Ace!

I use a similar same setup as you (pickups, but not modded) except i use my rig for post rock!

Don't overlook the mark 1 mode for high gain. The thickness is insane! 8)

Latest posts

Back