Question - Footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleeced

Reaction score
Hi

I'm not sure if I'm going mad ... but when I got my combo I'm sure that the amp "remembered" whether you had EQ on or off on specific channels (when designated "Footswitch control") i.e if it was on on ch3 but off on ch2 ... when you switched from one to the other EQ would come on or go off as applicable.

Now however ... if I switch EQ on on Ch3 with the footswitch and then change to Ch2 (where EQ was previsouly off) .... the EQ stays on

The same happens for reverb ... again I'm sure the amp used to remember whether it was on on specific channels.

Did I remember this wrong??!!! -

How does it work on your amps? - Do I need to send mine for 'repair' ... ? !

Thanks in advance

every channel has an eq switch for three positions:

top position, eq on (this means eq would be on regardles if footswitch is on or off)

middle postion, eq off (this means eq would be off regardles if footswitch is on or off)

bottom position eq is control by footswitch.

so if you want eq off in channel 2 at all times, switch eq switch in channel 2 to middle position. :wink: and keep the eq switch at the footswitch on for the other channels.

if you want the reverb off in a specific channel just turn the rev. control at the back all the way to the left and keep the reverb switch on at the footswitch for the other channels.

hope that helps :D

Hi thanks for the reply - it was more that I thought the amp remembered whether the EQ and reverb had been switched on by the footswitch when you switched between channels

If it did ... it doesn't anymore ... !

You are mistaken. When you switch the EQ off for any channel, if the channels are not preset to either have it on or off, it will globally leave it on for each of those channels. For example, if you have the EQ set to "on" for the clean channel and switchable for channels 2 and 3 and turn the EQ on for channel 2, it will be on for channel 3 as well.

Confusing to explain, but your amp is acting normal. :)

No, the EQ and Reverb footswitches are global. So what your amp is doing now is what it was designed to do. :)

Mark VI will be midiable like a JVM, I'm told.

Mark VI???? probably by the year 2020, maybe

phyrexia said:
No, the EQ and Reverb footswitches are global. So what your amp is doing now is what it was designed to do. :)

Mark VI will be midiable like a JVM, I'm told.

Back