LSS & Gibson DC Pro

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leroy the Massochist

Reaction score
I am thinking of a DC Pro as a good match for my LSS, does any one have any experience with these guitars and particularly paired with an LSS.

My current Epiphone DOT Delux with Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge is to hot and mid rangy.

I tried the DC Pro with a LAney head with EL84's and it sounded great, lots of clarity and less mid range hump compared to a Les Paul Standard that I plugged in.

This guitar is wanted to play Oz rock - Screamin Jets, Angels, Amonia, Blur, ACDC etc. The amp has it, in my opinion, I just need a better matched guitar and pickups.

I have a pair of LP DC Standards and a LSS. One of the LPs has Duncan P90's and the other Joe Barden Two Tones. I'm not sure about the DC Pro but my guitars have chambered bodies and needed brighter pickups to sound 'right' to my ears. So I swapped out pickups and now both of them scream with my LSS. Lots of clarity now but I tend to like a brighter pickup than what Gibson installs these days. The DCs are lifesaving on long nights. So much lighter. The P90 guitar is my favorite with the LSS. Out of any guitar I've played through it this one seems to have the mojo. The overdrive can be a bit inarticulate with some humbuckers and a bit thin with some single coils but with P90s, oh man. I love that combo. Maybe a DC Pro with Duncan Phat Cats? Or even Gibson P94s? I don't know if my post helps at all but I got excited when I saw the subject line. Good luck with whatever you get into.

Gibson DC Pro has Burstbucker Pro pickups which are apparently like 1950's PAF pickups. This does not mean anything to me.

I think burstbuckers might be brighter and a bit more articulate. I know I've heard them but I've never owned a set and my memory is neither bright nor articulate. That could be cool with the LSS. But you don't really want anything too twangy right?

Latest posts

Back