Any info out on Fillmore C-90 speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mule Train

Reaction score
Not much information out on these, any info would help.
They came in a recto extension cabinet

IMG_0055_zps4e05ed7d.jpg

IMG_0056_zps117c6fdb.jpg

b00g13mk2B said:
How do they sound? Do you have another cab to compare to it?yt?
The comparison was these loaded in the Recto cabinet vs my Mesa Theile ported EVM12-L, then pulled the Fillmores and replaced with Greenbacks. Amp was a Dr Z Route 66. I liked the Fillmores the best and EV the least, keep in mind this was not high volume so probably not the EV's forte. Ended up using the Greenbacks, as it's very inefficient and helps with volume. I used a db meter and if I remember correctly the Fillmores were about 5db louder, but sounded great.

Are they replacing the old C90. Are they gonna be standard in all Mesa.
I posted about a speakers for a Mark V and all I got was C90,C90......I mean come on some one had to have tryed something else by now. ????

I know that the C90and V 30 get alot of love.
I too have had my share of V30 's but,...I am goona try a Canannbis Rex soon.
I also found a use for the Jensen MOD 50with my MV.
the fuzziness kinda lends to an old school vibe.

In a Recto Cab? That's intresting because AuthorisedBoogie said they won't be made available in anything with a closed back.

Those speakers were from the first trial run of the Fillmore series back in 2003!! Very few were put out there, around the time of the first LoneStar amps. They never went into full production. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back