Is this normal for DC series, or any "output Level" amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axeman61

Reaction score
So I have been working with my DC-3. If I plug my guitar into the front of the amp. Set the knobs on the channel to anything above 1 with the master also above 1 but the output at 0, I hear a faint amount of signal coming out of the speaker. Is this normal? I would think that even if I had everything dimed on the channel, if the output was at 0, I would hear nothing.

I notice this on any other amps that I have that have an overall master volume after the channel master.

For what it's worth, on my Mark IV, if I have the channel volume set to zero and the output volume above 0, I can still hear some output. Not quite the same as what you are describing, but curious nonetheless.

I too would be curious if anyone else experiences this.

Thanx for the info BGH. The reason this concerns me, but may not be a concern at gigging levels, is I am putting volume pedal into the fx send/return to play a late night levels. When the pedal is off, I still hear the faint signal. As I start to increase the pedal volume, the input signal will start to drown out the faint signal, but still, at the level's I'm playing at, there is still enough faint signal to create a phasing/chorusing effect.

Did the serial mod as well as removed the reverb from the amp. It sounds great loud, but it would be nice to have it sound great at conversation levels also. Maybe the amps not for me and I should get a different Mesa instead. Had a full blown Mark V combo years ago, which I thought sounded great from whisper quite to full out blasting, but it's much to heavy to lug around these days.

Back