TriAxis 2.0 Output volume oddity

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRZK

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just bought a TriAxis 2.0 with the Recto board.
I'm using it into an Axe-Fx III with my guitar plugging into the Axe-Fx and the signal going out from the Axe via an output to the TriAxis inst input and the signal going back to the Axe through TriAxis Output A.
Now I understand the TriAxis is quite hot in output but still, even with the Output knob for Output A at 0 I'm getting a very strong signal into the Axe. Is this considered normal? I essentially can't turn the TriAxis down without setting the Master to 0 within a preset. If i turn Output up to anything other than 0 then the signal just gets hotter.
So is this normal operation or is something wrong with my unit?
Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
I've just bought a TriAxis 2.0 with the Recto board.
I'm using it into an Axe-Fx III with my guitar plugging into the Axe-Fx and the signal going out from the Axe via an output to the TriAxis inst input and the signal going back to the Axe through TriAxis Output A.
Now I understand the TriAxis is quite hot in output but still, even with the Output knob for Output A at 0 I'm getting a very strong signal into the Axe. Is this considered normal? I essentially can't turn the TriAxis down without setting the Master to 0 within a preset. If i turn Output up to anything other than 0 then the signal just gets hotter.
So is this normal operation or is something wrong with my unit?
Thanks in advance!
Actually I've tried playing around with it a little more and noticed that even with the Master and Output both set to 0 I still get a considerable output signal. That surely can't be normal?

Actually I've tried playing around with it a little more and noticed that even with the Master and Output both set to 0 I still get a considerable output signal. That surely can't be normal?

is the Axe’s loop set to line level? (If it does have such a selection…)

is the Axe’s loop set to line level? (If it does have such a selection…)
The inputs on the Axe don't have an instrument-line level option but the input I'm using (Input 4) is a line level input according to the Owner's Manual. There's actually no loop on the Axe, you can "create" one with one of the inputs and outputs.

The inputs on the Axe don't have an instrument-line level option but the input I'm using (Input 4) is a line level input according to the Owner's Manual. There's actually no loop on the Axe, you can "create" one with one of the inputs and outputs.
Okay.. something coming thru with Master volume and output set to 0?

I'm literally getting a decent sounding playable tone with the master and output set to 0.
Okay 🤣 sounds a bit odd then.. have to wait if somebody with actual Triaxis can chime in.. my Triaxis is long gone 🥲

Okay 🤣 sounds a bit odd then.. have to wait if somebody with actual Triaxis can chime in.. my Triaxis is long gone 🥲
I can imagine your pain. I absolutely love mine even though I've only had it for a few days.

I have 3 triaxis, 2 of them are used at the same time (blended together) and another one inside a spare rack. I always had an issue to get the proper volume out signal, so I think it's normal. I remember to have set the knob output volume to max 2/3 not more than that otherwise it would result in a great feedback noise and litterally unplayable. I've started to use the fx send as output so I can manage the output volume forgetting about the main out and the knobs and using only the master parameter in the front panel, Try to hook it up in it in this way, it might be helpful, otherwise you can use the send and return in the triaxis and let the signal go thru the AxeFx and return to the triaxis, plugging your guitar directly in it instead the AxeFx

Back