Yet another IIC/ IIC+ aberration

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may not sound bad. My beloved IIC/IIC+ aberration has a serial number of 110xx.

If it had a graphic on it, i bet people would be bidding it up more. He kind of has done a crappy job of listing it with a title that won't get hits when people search.

Weird thing is, I don't see that it is switchable between 60 and 100. It looks like the switch is gone.

In one picture the 60/100 switch is visible and in the first picture it's not. I spoke with the seller on the phone. He indicated he also had a 60w in a hardwood cabinet. I would guess the
first picture is of the 60w amp. He added some additional pictures. If I understood him correctly he said this was sent back to Mesa when the C+ was offered for the upgrade. It may have the RP11 preamp board but would need to see the chassis to be sure. Either way it looks like a nice amp, GEQ or not.

Mark III Madness said:
It may not sound bad. My beloved IIC/IIC+ aberration has a serial number of 110xx.

If it had a graphic on it, i bet people would be bidding it up more. He kind of has done a crappy job of listing it with a title that won't get hits when people search.

Weird thing is, I don't see that it is switchable between 60 and 100. It looks like the switch is gone.

On amps with no EQ the 60/100 switch is the one on the front panel.

I'm new to the board so nice to meet y'all. I gave into gas, pulled the trigger and bought this amp. Hoping its going to be awesome. thanks for informing me about it because my ebay searches didn't list this.

Mark III Madness said:

Fwiw the aberration was it having a "Pull Deep" faceplate not its serial number.
IIC short chassis typically had "Gain Boost" on the faceplate.

Congrats texwest.
Was it located close to you?

No its not close. Its in El Paso, TX and I'm in Illinois. Since I did buy it now he's also throwing in an ATA case for it. Talked to MikeB. today and he verified that it was modded to + in 2003. Hope I like it. Buying one seems to be the only practical way to try one, unless you know someone who has one. I don't think I will lose on the deal if I decide to sell it.

Latest posts

Back