• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTTF: Your Boogie (Amp & Guitar trade inside)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting...I've owned both at different times myself (used to have a rectoverb head). I think they are both very good at what they do. and if you are looking for ridiculous flexibility the line 6 is great.

I saw Adrian Belew 2 years ago and he used Line 6 flextones.

halfnote said:
Line 6 amps are a little overpriced new but they're not a bad product. I saw Steve Howe playing a flextone live with Yes last summer, didn't seem to slow him down 8)

There is a big difference between voicing your opinion and just being a dick! You may not like line 6, doesnt mean it is crap or no good etc... And it is not about sugar coating, it is about respecting your fellow musicians, once again you may not like line 6 but someone else does, everyones idea of tone is different.

But when someone says this amp is crap or no good etc.. that is not an opinion, that is someone that thinks what he likes is better then anything else and that makes that person a snob, disrespectful and obvious doesnt care how he makes other people feel as long as he feels good about himself.

Bogner/Line6 not a bad idea as long as you know what you are getting, it takes the modeling technology and warms it up a bit. But if someone thinks they are going to get pure bogner tone out of that amp, well maybe they need a reality check.

surferdeac said:
Sp3ktral said:
just to clarify...i would be interested in any amp for trade, but a Recto would be an immediate deal :)

Yeah it definitely would be :)

Sp3ktral said:
I really don't think it is a great idea to totally bash the amp a person is trying to sell. A person can sell what they want for what they want. If you don't have good things to say, you shouldn't be bothered to write them down period.

Ya know if people weren't allowed to voice their opinions about a topic then this board would be quite useless. Its up to individuals to make up their own minds. I am just speaking from my "own experience" using line 6 gear. I have had the opportunity to try a lot of their equipment. from a few different amps and a couple of the pod rackmounts. Didn't like it

Everyone is so worried about hurting other peoples feelings these days. everything is so "sugar coated"
Having opinions is great isn't it. Thats what makes our country so great. Lets keep it that way.

Its not an insult to voice your opinion. I am sorry you feel that way man. 8)
Maybe you should buy It

this thread is ridiculous..telling people you can't dislike line 6, and openly voice it? that if you disliked the HD head, you don't know line 6?...give me a fucking break...

Well if you read my posting, you will see I said there is no problem with him disliking it, however calling it a peice of crap is out of line and disrespectful.

It is ok not to like a peice of gear, that doesnt mean it is crap, just means you dont like it, however if you want to be respected on this board or any other board, well then watch what you say and dont go pissing on other peoples equipment......

AND MOST IMPORTANT READ ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE MAKING STUPID POSTS....

Fronzil said:
this thread is ridiculous..telling people you can't dislike line 6, and openly voice it? that if you disliked the HD head, you don't know line 6?...give me a f%&# break...

siggy14 said:
Well if you read my posting, you will see I said there is no problem with him disliking it, however calling it a peice of crap is out of line and disrespectful.

It is ok not to like a peice of gear, that doesnt mean it is crap, just means you dont like it, however if you want to be respected on this board or any other board, well then watch what you say and dont go pissing on other peoples equipment......

Fronzil said:
this thread is ridiculous..telling people you can't dislike line 6, and openly voice it? that if you disliked the HD head, you don't know line 6?...give me a f%&# break...

just because you think everyone deserves an opinion doesn't make it true...there IS such thing as crap gear...I've played his head (albeit at musicstop), and i thought it was junk..low quality components, and I really didn't find the sound to be near the best in that area of amps (mind you i don't dig modelers, and usually not solid state, although there are exceptions).....and funny how you think I was talking about you, lots of people are being ridiculous in this thread...quit being so sensitive dude...if you get all worked up every time someone is out of line or disrespectful..ESPECIALLY on a friggin forum, you're gonna have a very stressful life.

I am not all worked up, I just like making morons like you look like a moron, you are entitled to your opinion and I never said you werent, but when people hijack a thread to rag on a guys gear he is trying to sell, well that just makes them a moron.... good for you you made the moron list of the day yay you!!!!

Fronzil said:
siggy14 said:

Fronzil said:

just because you think everyone deserves an opinion doesn't make it true...there IS such thing as crap gear...I've played his head (albeit at musicstop), and i thought it was junk..low quality components, and I really didn't find the sound to be near the best in that area of amps (mind you i don't dig modelers, and usually not solid state, although there are exceptions).....and funny how you think I was talking about you, lots of people are being ridiculous in this thread...quit being so sensitive dude...if you get all worked up every time someone is out of line or disrespectful..ESPECIALLY on a friggin forum, you're gonna have a very stressful life.

:lol: :lol:
NOT cool to hyjack someones classified add and turn it into your own thread about bashing the product they are trying to sell. I dont care for the recto sound very much. I'm not saying it's a bad sound just not for me. I'm not going to go on someones thread thats selling a roadster and "voice my opinion" (ie. talk sh!t) about the amp they have. Oh, by the way, congrats on that Moron Of The Day award.

this is the best thread I've had the privilege of being a part of in a long time. thanks guys. guitar is no longer available and since line 6 is crap and for some reason some moron thinks I was 'dissing' bogner.....I guess you can lock this thread. thanks for the opportunity and if you are interested in trading please pm me :)

lol, i look like a moron? how about you care about an internet forum and it's members you don't know just a biiiiiit more....people are gonna hijack, bash, lip etc...GET OVER IT! (btw, i didn't hijack this thread in the slightest, it was long gone before i posted.

siggy14 said:

hmm thats strange, the only person name calling on here is "YOU" :roll:

siggy14 said:
There is a big difference between voicing your opinion and just being a dick!
siggy14 said:
I am not all worked up, I just like making morons like you look like a moron, you are entitled to your opinion and I never said you werent, but when people hijack a thread to rag on a guys gear he is trying to sell, well that just makes them a moron.... good for you you made the moron list of the day yay you!!!!

You have a lot of nerve calling someone a "moron" when you no know nothing at all about that person only that he tried out the gear in question and didn't personally like it :) . Who died and made you "God" in deciding whether or not someone will be respected on this board or any other board based on his "OPINIONS" on the gear/trade in question here.

siggy14 said:
But when someone says this amp is crap or no good etc.. that is not an opinion, that is someone that thinks what he likes is better then anything else and that makes that person a snob, disrespectful and obvious doesnt care how he makes other people feel as long as he feels good about himself.

Ah yeah it is an opinion (I don't think Line 6 is "crap or no good") just like its your opinion to conclude how that person thinks based on his opinions :lol:

"Opinions are like A-holes everyone's got one"

Wow this is an entertaining one.

I feel bad for the OP. He shouldn't be knocked for trying to get rid of some of his gear so he can get a Boogie. I had a Bugera and it was okay and I sold it a while ago but I'm going to be buying another Boogie real soon. People shouldn't be knocked for the gear they own and they shouldn't be knocked from trying to upgrade. That's just a childish pissing contest. At one time we all have had gear that wasn't the best out there. It's just rude to say to someone their gear is crap because they might like it a lot. I hope the OP gets the amp he wants but unfortunately I think he's been turned off to this board enough by some specific people.

I'm all for calling out potential scammers and bothering them but this guy was just trying to upgrade gear.

Enough of the dick wagging about who's gear is better.

Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar

Yeah you do, you are basically saying your opinion is all that counts, you really have no basis to call line 6 junk, may not be your choice of gear, but I know many pro musicians that have toured with it in the past and sounded **** good doing it.

But calling it junk, well that is just stupid, because most line 6 stuff is very well built and does what it was designed to do. Personaly I dont use it live, but love my POD 2.0's for practice and recordings scratch tracks.

As to hijacking a thread, i never said you did that, what I did say is dont come in a thread pissing on other peoples gear, it is rude and inconsiderate to fellow forum members.

Now i am not going to argue back and forth all day, honestly if you dont see how rude it is to trash other peoples gear, well then maybe it is time to put you on block because I dont see any usefull information ever coming out of you.

Fronzil said:
lol, i look like a moron? how about you care about an internet forum and it's members you don't know just a biiiiiit more....people are gonna hijack, bash, lip etc...GET OVER IT! (btw, i didn't hijack this thread in the slightest, it was long gone before i posted.

Back