• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: a "starter" Mesa Mark IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson

Reaction score
I am looking for a plain jane C+. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Doesn't have to have Reverb, EQ, or SimulClass. It doesn't even have to have hardwood or wicker! Doesn't matter if its a head or a combo. My only requirement is that its a C+ in working condition. If you have one that you would like to sell, send me a Private Message! Thanks guys!

UPDATE
I would also be interested in C's that were modded to C+'s and Mark III's that recieved the + mod if the price is right!

Found a guy local to my area who's selling MKIIC+ head in great condition, he says. Played for maybe 20hrs, the man says. Serial No is very high though, 140xx. Fully loaded. EQ, Reverb, Simul-class. Didn't ask about the footswitches yet, and I don't know if it's a 'woodie'. Probably not. The man's asking for $2K. Whatcha gents think? If I don't go for it, I might refer it to someone else.

Called Mesa today to confirm but their support is closed on Fridays.

Here's a starter... and less than 1500 to boot....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Mark-2C-Tube-Guitar-Amp_W0QQitemZ150141718264QQihZ005QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Only problem is that one was modded to the C+ specs. Beautiful amp and I am sure it sounds great though.

Yeah I saw that one too...(thanks for the heads up though) I think im gonna try to wait it out to an original C+ comes around...

Ebay Item number: 230155181701

It's in the UK but will ship worldwide and starts at £1 !

Not sure if it's a scam though .... 0 feedback, just registered .....

But, definitely a UK model and with a universal transformer.

Johnson said:
I am looking for a plain jane C+. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Doesn't have to have Reverb, EQ, or SimulClass. It doesn't even have to have hardwood or wicker! Doesn't matter if its a head or a combo. My only requirement is that its a C+ in working condition. If you have one that you would like to sell, send me a Private Message! Thanks guys!

Ask, and you shall receive, my son...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-II-C-1984_W0QQitemZ220133822635QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Go get 'em!!!

Rampage said:
Only problem is that one was modded to the C+ specs. Beautiful amp and I am sure it sounds great though.

What a horrible problem - an amp upgraded by the factory to be a C+ making it reasonably priced for us players. You guys kill me. A C+ is a C+ is a freakin' C+!!!!!!! Unless you are a cork-sniffin, "I'm in it for the money not the tone" wanker, a C+ is a C+. :roll: Z

Zoner said:
Rampage said:

What a horrible problem - an amp upgraded by the factory to be a C+ making it reasonably priced for us players. You guys kill me. A C+ is a C+ is a freakin' C+!!!!!!! Unless you are a cork-sniffin, "I'm in it for the money not the tone" wanker, a C+ is a C+. :roll: Z

A modded C+ would be fine in my book, but some folks are looking for the originals. I say good for them if they can afford it.

I guess the reason I get so grumpy is that the price of original C+'s has been driven to the point of unobtainium for alot of players not so much by people who use them for their great tone, but by folks looking to "invest". **** things are tools after all, and some of us need them for reasons other than financial gain. Z

Back