• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: a "starter" Mesa Mark IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zoner said:
I guess the reason I get so grumpy is that the price of original C+'s has been driven to the point of unobtainium for alot of players not so much by people who use them for their great tone, but by folks looking to "invest". **** things are tools after all, and some of us need them for reasons other than financial gain. Z

I would have to agree with that statement. I know that a lot of owners definitely play them, but I am sure there are enough that don't.

Im just saying i'd rather buy an original C+ for $1,800, than a modded one for $1,500. If there was a modded C+ for 1k or less, I would grab it in a second! But if I am going to play inflated prices either way, I would rather spend a couple hundred dollars on an orginal C+ that will better hold its value over time. If that makes me a "cork sniffer", so be it. And speaking of modded C+'s, if you happen to know of any that are priced for the working class musician, PM me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-II-C-MKII-Combo-Imbuya-Cabinet_W0QQitemZ200134110615QQihZ010QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mint condition starter IIC+ in Imbuya/Wicker.

No offense taken. I think that you guys make a great point. I would definately consider getting a modded C+ for the right price. I would also consider a modded MKIII+ for the right price...even though I know that the 3+'s don't sound exactly the same as the C+'s do! That one hardwood C+ on ebay right now is also on sale locally in my area. They want $2,999 for it in the store...but thats too steep for me, though it could be arguably worth the price when you consider the hardwood/wicker...

Johnson said:
No offense taken. I think that you guys make a great point. I would definately consider getting a modded C+ for the right price. I would also consider a modded MKIII+ for the right price...even though I know that the 3+'s don't sound exactly the same as the C+'s do! That one hardwood C+ on ebay right now is also on sale locally in my area. They want $2,999 for it in the store...but thats too steep for me, though it could be arguably worth the price when you consider the hardwood/wicker...

How did you make out with the C+ I told you about?

gts said:
btw Rampage is calling that C+ a starter but it's a silmu C+ only missing the EQ! Starter!? It's almost fully loaded!! ;-)

DOH! :lol:

I think I just saw one without an EQ so I figured "starter"

Johnson said:
Anybody know of anyone selling a C+???Shoot me a PM!

If you read this, it plainly states to send him a PM. By replying to this thread about someone else's Ebay auction, it only drives up the prices of said ebay amps. If I'm a seller, this is great. If I am like Johnson and WTB, it sucks. It's like throwing barrels of bloody fish heads into the ocean. Let the frenzy begin. :shock:

Hey Dave, I am planning on calling your friend next week (if it is still available), depending on the outcome of a certain ebay auction :wink: I appretiate all the help that everyone has given me on this thread! Although I must say that PM's are prefered :lol:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a C+ on its way that I just won from Ebay. Its an original C+ and it has Simulclass and Reverb. Thanks again for everyones help! This really is the best forum out there!

Johnson said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a C+ on its way that I just won from Ebay. Its an original C+ and it has Simulclass and Reverb. Thanks again for everyones help! This really is the best forum out there!

Sounds just like mine. I got it at a steal for about 1500-1600 buy it now back in January. All you have to do now is take some pics of the chassis so Boogiebabies can tell you if it has been tampered with and how to get it back to stock.

I'll PM you about getting a good EQ.
P.S. You and I practically have the same rig now!

Thanks gts, That was a great post that makes me even more excited about the amp! Thanks again for all your help-

Elpelotero- I'll take your advice and see if boogiebabies will give the pictures a look over. And any advice you could give me regarding settings/eq etc would be great!

This seems to be a 'lucky' week for all things 2C+. I'm still chasing the elusive dead mint, fully loaded, very late 2C+ head (all confirmed with Boogie folk) but it's up to me as it stands. Johnson got his toy.

Yesterday, my luthier buddy and I went to another luthier buddy working for Marina Music in Marina del Rey. While they were talking business, I went window shopping. Sure enough I spot a lonely dusty Boogie combo with an 1x12" extension cab. Price tag reads $900. Recognized the face plate but you never know. Took it into a sound check room, hiding and blushing all along. Friggin' C upgraded to C+. 60 watter, barebones. No simul, no EQ, no reverb. Real clean guts, working amp though, minor scuffs in tolex and fairly dusty on the outside. Someone exchanged the original EV with Peavey Scorpion. Fortunately, extension cab still has original speaker. C+ fx loop test checks out. Cut the long story short, it's parked at the front door as I type. Switched speakers as well. Got the C+ and extension cab for $950 total. Cash, tax free :twisted: . I turned it over to my buddy though, he heard me bitching about these babies for years now. He's real happy to have one at that price. I'm continuing the quest towards that head.

Cheers.

Back