Mesa mark III blue stripe layout and capacitors(are these correct values)?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joi737

Reaction score
Good avening Gents,

By any chance would be possible to provide the layout /schematics from mark III BLUE stripe 100 w simulclass?i tried to find it in the forum but is not accesible.i attach a picture from my blue stripe but i am not sure that the marked caps are correct especially the outter ones(or perhaps these are correct for the 100w amp).i have looked at many pictures mainly from red and green stripe and these caps are different.i wonder if these have to do with the Blue mod itself.i attach the layout from mark III no stripe where you can see a difference in cap colours .Thank you guys!!

Attachments

• IMG_20231006_003525.jpg
    IMG_20231006_003525.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
IMG_20231006_004550.png

Attachments

• 49201349348_2e20638f2b_c.jpg
    49201349348_2e20638f2b_c.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
i attach on previous post as well a picture from mark III black stripe layout and the caps for comparison where you can see the difference in colour from those caps and whats on my blue stripe 100 w . my caps look bigger and cream colour instead of dark smaller.thanks

Last edited:
FYI the blue stripe is an 85 watt amp, not 100. With simul-class you lose a few watts.

FYI the blue stripe is an 85 watt amp, not 100. With simul-class you lose a few watts.
hi woodbutcher thanks a lot for your reply,at the back of the amp says 100 w.does it mean is still 85 when on class A?plenty of power to handle huge amount of headroom even if it s 85.trying to find out the schematics.i found one that shares the red stripe and mentions the blue stripe.does it mean is same schematic basically with a few changes?i attach it

Attachments

• mesa blue stripe.jpg
    mesa blue stripe.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
hi woodbutcher thanks a lot for your reply,at the back of the amp says 100 w.does it mean is still 85 when on class A?plenty of power to handle huge amount of headroom even if it s 85.trying to find out the schematics.i found one that shares the red stripe and mentions the blue stripe.does it mean is same schematic basically with a few changes?i attach it
A blue stripe was offered in 60W(S), 75W simul-class (D), 100W (H), 120W "simul" coli (KD) and 180W (K). The same with Mark IIB, C, C+, III no/dot/X/black/purple/red/ and blue for the 1st part of it's run (before green was in the mix).

If your amp has a class A switch on the back right it is a good indication it's 75W simul-class, and if it has a 100W option likely you have the full power raw 100W. Half/full switches on the front don't tell you much.

If you have 4 tubes and your OT says "simul-class" on it or doesn't you know for sure which option you have.

85W was for only the green stripe, the last III and is born out by a triode pair of power tubes changing to pentode making the green the missing link to the mark IV power section.

The green was D power section only. The other S, H, (maybe for a time KD, K) were still options for a Mark III even after the IV was out. If you ordered D you got green, anything else you got blue.

Just keeping this straight to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
thank very much for the TOP answer.as well regarding changing channels 1,2 and 3 any footswitch recomendation.

Last edited:
thank very much for the TOP answer.as well regarding changing channels 1,2 and 3 any footswitch recomendation.
This is what mesa currently offers for channel switching your amp:
https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/footswitch-rhythm-to-lead-switch.html
The original ones come up for sale used often enough. The eq/reverb one a little less so but they do come up. If functionality is the goal you can save money if the latching switches don't have a mesa logo on them.

After digging at many pictures(red,green,blue ...) from other mesa mark III inside ,i found the same caps on the blue stripe model.any layout would be appreciated ,if somebody finds it please post it here.cheers

Last edited:
Back