Which speakers do you like best with your Rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnarkill3k6

Reaction score
Still looking for that "golden" pair (or quad) speakers to go with my Triple Rec...
As the title says... please share why you like your speakers/speaker combination in particular.
And since you're already typing... have you done any mods to your cab?

To answer this myself

@ the band: Currently I'm running my Triple Rectifier into a Marshall 1960BV cab with 2 Marshall Vintage and 2 Chinese V30's (X-pattern). This is the best I could get with the stuff I already own. IMO the Marshall Vintage's are very dark compared to the "normal" V30's. The 4x12 is hard wired with 14 gauge wire (it came with 18) and I got rid of the little switchboard. It only has one mono 4ohm input.
@ home: Fame 2x12 (Mesa clone) with 1 Celestion G12T 75 and 1 Marshall Vintage. This is my experiment cab... I like the crunch this combination has. But I don't think this is going to make it to my 4x12.

Since I have a EVM12L laying around... I'm thinking about building a EV/Mesa like Thiele 1x12 cab to see and hear what's that like.

Your turn! :)

Recto 4x12 with the stock Mesa V30s.

They're not as bright as the standard Celestion V30s and the midrange spike sits at a lower frequency (no ice pick).

Best tones I ever got from my triple recto were from a Mesa Oversized Recto slant Cab with stock V-30s. Monstrous and lovely tones at loud/concert levels.
A recto 2x12 with stock V-30s is also a fabulous match with a triple at loud/rehearsal levels.

Mesa has matched the cab(s) and amp perfectly in my opinion.

Cheers,

Tom

Currently have two cabs - Mesa Oversized Recto Cab with four stock V30s and Mills Afterburner with two Chinese V30s and two G12K-100s in an X pattern. I think the G12K-100s work really well with Rectifiers. I also think V30s work really well with Rectifiers. I would recommend them highly to try if you are looking for something other than V30s.

Any Mesa cab loaded with MESA V30s. I currently use a 2x12 Recto cab with V30s. My DC also has a Mesa V30.

I like my early Hiwatt cab loaded with Weber Thames, it has a lot more bass and has a sweeter top end than my Boogie cab or my old Marshall loaded in a x pattern of vintage 30s and G12h's.

i switched my v30`s out in favor of some eminance(sp?) legend v12`s. a flatter response then the mid humped v30`s, without sounding like a modeling speaker. kinda reminds me of a 4x12 with v30`s and g75t`s in an x pattern without the brittle scratchy top end. a little less in your face then the 30`s but thats what i like.

@ screamingdaisy & zerofivefour
I didn't like the Mesa Rectifier 4x12 (oversized) at all... it sounded so dull to me. But maybe I was (am) used to the "in-your-face-ness" of the standard and Marshall V30's.

@ b0nkersx1
The K-100's are still on my "to-try" list. But I don't know if other Celestions are the answer to my quest of better tone.

Gnarkill3k6 said:
The K-100's are still on my "to-try" list. But I don't know if other Celestions are the answer to my quest of better tone.

They're really clear with a very full and tight bottom end. They don't sound much like V30s at all but mix very will with them.

i prefer the v30 mesa cabs...im currently use the traditional/stiletto 4x12 with my Roadster and soon with my Triple blackfaced 2 channel

Latest posts

Back