What can you tell me about this Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackTheSkye

Reaction score
I have decided to put my Single Recto up for trade just to see what offers I get and to try new things and I had this offered. All I know is that it's a red stripe, has simul class, and GEQ. Anything else you can tell me about this amp based on the pics? Or what should I ask the seller about this amp. Also any idea what it's worth?

snc00033f.jpg

snc00035j.jpg

Thanks

Simulclass red stripe, no reverb in a reverb style headshell. I would guess $700-$750 cash money. If you get it, cut out a section of the steel plate to let the fan do a better job of cooling.

Yup, the head cab is fer sure not the original. New "Taurus" (?) style Tolex, black metal corners are not stock (that'd be leather). Not a huge deal, maybe it started life as a combo. Hey, is the front "grill" panel held on by velcro? Four screws is more common. As is black grill cloth, not that more recent jute.
The direct out sounds surprisingly good, works great for recording. You might get a logo from Mesa, but they can go for $40-$50 on eBay. Having all the slider knobs on the Graphic tells you it's been reasonably cared for - there are almost always some missing.
Simul-Class is a plus, no reverb is a minus, no foot switches a minus, as far as price to pay. +1 on the $700-$750 range. :D

I'm not sure if it started out as a combo but I know it was a rack kit before being put in the current headshell. I'm pretty sure the head was holy-diver's before and he had the headshell made by someone on this site. No reverb is a minus. My recto doesn't have a reverb and I miss it alot. I always said I could get my reverb from a pedal but I have to do that. Not sure about the front grill I'd have to ask the seller.

What would you guys value my single recto at?
Info/pics here
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46901

ricomock said:
Mark IV shell?
Doesn't have the foot switch attachment points. That's what I was thinking, too. The Mark IV front panel is velcroed (no screws).

my old mark :D
that headshell was made by a member here (name escapes me) amp has simulclass and eq, it is an 86, originally a rackmount. i dont think it has ever been serviced so i would guess that the filter caps will need to be replaced at some point. i would slate the value at around 800.

Back