What album are you listening to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
swbo101 said:
Gtr_Pkr said:
swbo101 said:
Fleetwood Mac - Live at the Boston Tea Party 1970 Vol1 - 3 Peter Green was the man, after he left they just weren't the same.

AWESOME!!! :D I'm glad to see somebody else is up on early 'Mac. This is a great album too!

yeah..I really like the early Mac. I can only go as far as Kiln House, then I'm done. Could never get into that commercial stuff they did later on with Lindsy Buckingham..lol.

Again, Peter Green was the man. The tone out of that Les Paul with the out of phase pickups are beautiful.

Unless I miss my guess, Kiln House was the last albumn with Jeremy Spencer right? He was awesome too! Do me a favor though. Get yourself a copy, or maybe you already listened to and did not care for, Bare Trees. This is Danny Kirwan's last albumn. That is a great listen from beginning to end.

i'll be picking up the new foo fighters album on the 12th..all analog recording done in dave's garage..old schoooool

Alison Krauss and Union Station. Not sure what album. I don't think there are any Boogie amps on it but her voice sure is sweet and the playing is great!

Triaxstasy said:
Whitesnake - Forevermore....epic David Coverdale topped with an awesome Aldrich & Beach!
Good rock and roll. Everynow and then I wish they could stay with the basic riff a bit longer. Also Coverdale could use someone else to add a few more harmonies and maybe the odd bit of keyboard or brass. Great CD, will get lots of airplay.

allphourus said:
Alison Krauss & Union Station's Paper Airplane, just bought it today.

Can you give a review? I was thinking about buying this also. I like Alison Krauss and Robert Plant's record Raising Sand and was thinking about listening to Alison on her own. Thanks.

This week its some Zep boots from '69. Fillmore shows.
Also some Jeff Beck from the Boston Tea Party.

Gtr_Pkr said:
allphourus said:
Alison Krauss & Union Station's Paper Airplane, just bought it today.

Can you give a review? I was thinking about buying this also. I like Alison Krauss and Robert Plant's record Raising Sand and was thinking about listening to Alison on her own. Thanks.
You don't just get Alison on her own. You get Alison singing, beautiful voice, and then on some tracks you get the male singer doing more traditional songs.

Guitar stuff to my ears is good without being truly memorable. As compared to bluegrass there is not too much of the dreaded banjo (at least for my taste).

Also you get some Jesus songs thrown in. Seem to get some of that stuff on most of these style of CDs.

I could listen to more of Alison Krauss, particulary if someone would taker her out of her comfort zone as she has a fine voice, pleaseure to listen to. Overall though Sonny Landreth remains my pick of recent CDs I've listened too (next favourite is John Wesley Harding and that's more than 40 years old).

ozboy said:
White snake. Forevermore. It grows on you.

+1
Although Aldrich´s guitar sounds pretty thin on the album when compared to his sound from the Live DVD....

But overall Aldrich and Beach are a killer package!!!

Latest posts

Back