What album are you listening to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sixstringpsycho said:
Avenged Sevenfold- waking the fallen
Desecrate Through Reverence is such an awesome, delightedly pissed-the-f***-off song :lol:

as for mine...

Dream Theater - Octavarium. the title track is the masterpiece to rule all masterpieces.
Avenged Sevenfold - all five albums. I can literally count on one hand how many songs in their entire discography that i would label as less than perfect. many people disagree, but whatever. Shadows is a god to me.
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness.
Eric Clapton - From the Cradle

Got the latest album from a band called Blitzen Trapper. Really good songwriting and arrangements. They're kinda in that americana/folk influenced indie rock style. Good band, I saw them live and they rocked it.

Threw on some Joni Mitchell (Court & Spark), probably not so popular among the Boogie Board crowd but that's ok!

Blind Faith - deluxe edition reissue. Great stuff!

Fleetwood Mac - Live at the Boston Tea Party 1970 Vol1 - 3 Peter Green was the man, after he left they just weren't the same.

On Tour With Eric Clapton: Deluxe Edition Box Set (4-Disc Set) - w/ Bonnie and Delaney

swbo101 said:
Fleetwood Mac - Live at the Boston Tea Party 1970 Vol1 - 3 Peter Green was the man, after he left they just weren't the same.

AWESOME!!! :D I'm glad to see somebody else is up on early 'Mac. This is a great album too!

Larry Carlton and Tak Matsumoto "Take your Pick"
Atom Heart Mother
Howling Wolf - London sessions 1968
Eagles - Greatest Hits

I'm always on the lookout for something new and interesting and now that my oldest daughter has left home I don't get to hear as much new stuff as before. My feeling is the the best of the "new music" has some great beats that just hadn't been invented in the rock and roll days but.. I can't remember the names of any of the bands that make those generally one hit beats.

gunna check out the Eric Gales, Dave Gibson, Clutch and Letter to L.A. stuff.

so I bought the Sonny Ladreath thing without even listening to any previews. The lineup sounded so hot. Hopefully just my cup of tea. Thanks for the recommendation.

Also picked up a Storyville CD. Really only slightly upmarket from pub rock but it makes a change.

Update: Sonny Landreth - Outstanding, particularly when he sings and lets't the guitar help the song. Some great songs particularly the ones with Vince Gill. Normally my relationship with country goes no further than Doc Watson but have to make an exception here. Anyhow great rock & roll album. Wonderful to hear something new, worth listening to.

so Sonny Landreth reviews search lead to George Graham web site lead to his top 10 cds lead to "Crooked Still" lead to Crooked Still web site, lead to the fact they are on tour in Australia and playing in Sydney this Saturday night, so I now have 4 tickets.

Giddy up

ozboy said:
so I bought the Sonny Ladreath thing without even listening to any previews. The lineup sounded so hot. Hopefully just my cup of tea. Thanks for the recommendation.

Also picked up a Storyville CD. Really only slightly upmarket from pub rock but it makes a change.

Update: Sonny Landreth - Outstanding, particularly when he sings and lets't the guitar help the song. Some great songs particularly the ones with Vince Gill. Normally my relationship with country goes no further than Doc Watson but have to make an exception here. Anyhow great rock & roll album. Wonderful to hear something new, worth listening to.

Glad you like it, I bought it because I new the name from Gatemouth Brown and John Hiatt CDs I have. I'm a student of slide players
and a lover of Larry Carlton and Robbin Ford so I liked that and the Eric Johnson tunes on there. I also have a deep appreciation for that Country/Bakersfield school of Telecaster pick'n so Gill's no problem for me either, an excellent picker.

Gtr_Pkr said:
swbo101 said:

AWESOME!!! :D I'm glad to see somebody else is up on early 'Mac. This is a great album too!

yeah..I really like the early Mac. I can only go as far as Kiln House, then I'm done. Could never get into that commercial stuff they did later on with Lindsy Buckingham..lol.

Again, Peter Green was the man. The tone out of that Les Paul with the out of phase pickups are beautiful.

Friday was UFO's Monkey Puzzle and Rush Signals, yesterday was Y&T Meanstreak. today i was listening to Djavan Live (well, gosh someday at the week i have to listen to some Brazilian music, for Christs Sake!! :mrgreen:)

allphourus said:
+1 for early Fleetwood Mac and Peter Green

I just pick up Dust Bowl- Joe Bonamassa Been given that whirl.

I have a Tribute CD to PG called "Rattlesnake Guitar" that I really dig. some tunes are just amazing. The Black Magic Woman cover by Larry McCray is outstanding, pure LP neck pu tone. 8)

Back