VoodooMan Switches Updates And Beyond

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try Switch Doctor. He sells footswitches on Ebay. You should be able to do a search for Switch Doctor and pull up all of his available switches. I have one of his Mark III footswitches and it looks awesome and is very well made. I just checked and he has a tremoverb all in one switch on Ebay right now. I hope this helps

thanks plenty for the help. i checked them out & will give them a shot. :mrgreen:

letsneck said:
Try Switch Doctor. He sells footswitches on Ebay. You should be able to do a search for Switch Doctor and pull up all of his available switches. I have one of his Mark III footswitches and it looks awesome and is very well made. I just checked and he has a tremoverb all in one switch on Ebay right now. I hope this helps
Might be a great product, but he doesn't ship to Canada. :x

What a joke. What a complete and utter joke.

April 23rd ordered and Credit Card debited immediately (nice one dude).
3 emails no response at all
1 direct phone call & James promised me it would ship out on Monday 31st May
James also promised me the tracking number would be forwarded when it shipped.
Thursday 3rd June, nothing.
I would never buy from this guy again
I would never recommend this guy
I would take every opportunity to post poor feedback and write unfavorable reviews on every forum and blog I come across.

I cant stand this ****.

If I'd have realized I had so much time waiting around for an item that may never turn up, I could have purchased the parts from some old peasant in Serbia, fabricated it with toothpicks out of Yaks hair AND shipped it via carrier pigeon to Antarctica in half the time.

Voodooman, you suck big time. :x

UPDATE on my order paid for in April 2010:

June 29 2010 NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dirtbag. :evil:

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPLETE NOVICE

sheeny said:
UPDATE on my order paid for in April 2010:

June 29 2010 NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dirtbag. :evil:

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPLETE NOVICE

Hey Friends,
I happened upon this board and did a search to see if anyone has posted anything about my Switch Doctor line of footswitches. I pleases me to see that everyone has pretty good things to say about them. I do try my best to provide footswitches that look great and function great as well. A few of the hurdles I have had to overcome was the photos and getting wiring layouts for the switches. I had a difficult time getting the photos to look realistic. They used to have that splotchy look to them, which was not indicative of the way they looked when sitting in front of you. I have changed the labels and the way I do the photos, and they look so much better.

I am posting here to the Voodooman thread to address the issues with James Britt. I too had problems with James. I ordered $300.00 worth of switches from him to try to turn a profit at a local flea market. When I finally had to contact PayPal to get my money back, a month or so after the auction ended, he sent me a nasty email that said something along the lines of "Nice Try...you are trying to steal my design and I am going to sue you. You will be hearing from my lawyer". I was forced to build my own switch for my personal amp, and I thought to myself..."what a jerk that guy is. He blamed me for trying to steal his work, and I had planned to approach him with an offer to buy more switches if they had done well at the flea market." At that point Voodooman ticked me off so bad, I decided to build my own line of switches. I started the Switch Doctor line, and I vowed to do my best to try to keep things as simple as I can, and be able to provide good customer service to my buyers. I do not ship outside US, and I use only PayPal for payment, so as to keep thing simple. I do not post on Ebay items that I can not ship within a couple of days unless they are pre-built and ready to ship. If I get special orders, I tell customers what the lead time is. If they can't wait that long, and I can't fulfill their request, I do not make false promises. I try to keep it real. I am not building switches to get rich. I love to build the switches, and I love thinking that maybe someday one of my footswitches will be on the pedal board of someone great. If you have any questions contact me at switchdoctor(at)ymail(dot)com. Thank you all for the great comments,
Doc

***Enjoy Life!! Live each day like it's your last!! Play hard, love harder!!***

Folks- I too ordered an "In Stock" switch from "Voodooman Switches", and like many here, received confirmations of shipment , tracking numbers that went nowhere, a charge to my credit card, and several repeat "shipped" confirmations. After several email inquiries and 3 phone calls (that never went through to a person) and NO phone calls back, I'm turning all correspondence and these website complaints over to federal authorities for prosecution as Interstate Commerce/Internet fraud.

Mr. Britt/Max Duncan/Voodooman or whatever his real name (might be Britt, as he has had addresses in that name in the Camas Washington/Portland Area) should learn to return a phone call.

Some people don't mind crossing the country to speak personally to a guy who thinks he can rip people off. But that's what the Feds are paid to do.

ti the day I ordered, "'m

Blueeyes said:
Folks- I too ordered an "In Stock" switch from "Voodooman Switches", and like many here, received confirmations of shipment , tracking numbers that went nowhere, a charge to my credit card, and several repeat "shipped" confirmations. After several email inquiries and 3 phone calls (that never went through to a person) and NO phone calls back, I'm turning all correspondence and these website complaints over to federal authorities for prosecution as Interstate Commerce/Internet fraud.

Mr. Britt/Max Duncan/Voodooman or whatever his real name (might be Britt, as he has had addresses in that name in the Camas Washington/Portland Area) should learn to return a phone call.

Some people don't mind crossing the country to speak personally to a guy who thinks he can rip people off. But that's what the Feds are paid to do.

ti the day I ordered, "'m

Thank God someone finally is taking this to the FEDs!! Anyone else agree?

:wink: Hi people , I just wanted to give those of you that have been ripped of by voo doo man ,or what ever he is called these days an up date, I was taken for a ride also but I am hoping that my letters to the FTC and The Wa. State Attorney Generals office will iron this guy out, it will maybe at the very least get some one to keep and eye on his unfair practice of taking our hard earned money then not sending us our switches we ordered . This guy just plain will not have anything to do with a person after they order a switch from him, No switch,No email no phone call no nothing. I hope the people involved in his unfair practices will notify the Wa. State Attorney Generals Office, and the FTC together we can make him either do whats is right or close him up. "Keep on picken" :D

:D Hello every one ! I am happy to report that my Voo doo man Switch finaly came in the morning mail , After a lot of posting about it and going to the FTC and The Wa. Attorney Generals Office He finaly figured it wasen't worth the hassle I would suppose . It came a little late though I purchased a new PEAVEY Amp. it came with a foot switch. I still say BUYER BEWARE !! I thought it only fair to let folks know he did come through finaly. God Bless. :D

My one and only experience with VooDoo Man switches was enough to swear me off doing any future business with him.
Bought a switch on ebay for my Bogner Shiva a few years ago. Got the switch, but it didn't work as advertised. I emailed him to see about a refund/return, he never answered my emails.
Stay away, stay far away.

These posts scared me off with the voodooman FU2 replacement footswitch, so i tried the Switch doctor and he had quick responses and after a couple emails figuring out exactly what i needed it was ordered and i recieved it in record time.

I just wanna say that I recomend using the Switch Doctor for your switching needs :mrgreen:

Dave Rellik

originalrellik said:
hmmmm, if you pay for it, he should ship it......
Nope. Already asked him, and he won't do it... even though the extra cost is negligible. :shock:

originalrellik said:
maybe bounce it off someone in the states???
Could do it that way, but no 'Amerifriends' available... ignoring the additional $$$ involved making it even less worthwhile. :(

Not to bring up a dead topic, but ordered a footswitch off his website. Got a notification that it shipped, 3 weeks went by after the notification, never received it. Wont return emails or phone calls. Got payment back from credit card company. Never going to consider Voodooman Switches again, regardless of the quality.

spanny said:
Not to bring up a dead topic, but ordered a footswitch off his website. Got a notification that it shipped, 3 weeks went by after the notification, never received it. Wont return emails or phone calls. Got payment back from credit card company. Never going to consider Voodooman Switches again, regardless of the quality.

THIS is what happens with every "sale". Come on now.... everyone read and beleive it.

GIG4FUN said:
spanny said:

THIS is what happens with every "sale". Come on now.... everyone read and beleive it.

Yea, probably should have done a little more research beforehand. Live and learn. At least I got my money back.

Stay far far away from Voodooman. I ordered a witch in Dec 2011. He acknowleded shipment via priority mail. 3 weeks, alter, no switch. I called 4 times and sent 4 emails, polite emails. No response. I sent email demainding repayment. He said he's send a replacement, first one must have been lost. acknowledged shipment. 10 days later, no switch.

I believe the man to be a liar and a scoundrel. Either that, or just a **** poor businessman. I'm going through my credit card company for a refund. They have said "no problem" I think they will refund then go after the bum for reimbursement.

I recommend that you stay far, far away from Voodooman.

I am still trying to get my pedal. I had ordered before I came upon this forum...had not heard of problems with this guy on the Fender Forum - perhaps because those guys all use old-school Fender tweeds and stuff... LOL

anyway, I was resurrecting my old rack equipment and found Britt's site - those switches look great - but it's been since November 2011 and nothing whatsoever.

I just filed a complaint with the BBB out there - not that they'll be able to do anything.

I know that James occasionally lurks here - hey I just want my **** footswitch. You have my money, give me my gear.

Otherwise, if anyone's pondering ordering from him - make sure you do it via an ebay or paypal thing - that way you have some recourse.

Back