Triaxis Tone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen, from a member from here...

http://www.musicv2.com/artist/danyeo/

I personnaly never heard clips from a tri-axis that can nail that sound, maybe it's possible but i would be suprised. I've played with the tri-axis of my friend but i never had time to tweak it and the liberty to push the 2:90 at a reasonable level. :(

hey man take a listen to my triaxis clip. It is in SONGS AND TESTS thread in Rigs & Tones.
Triaxis can give any mark series tone you want but,even better,it's programmable and midi controled.
Whatelse could I want :D

I heard your Dream Theater track yesterday 18 & life. I liked it a lot!! I thought you told me you don't use the Dyanmic Voice in your settings a while back? I see it at 3 on your settings. I have quit using the DV to get a more of a balanced tone lately. Please post some recordings of you getting a nice Mark IIc+ tone!! Thanks

themisfit138 said:
Can a Triaxis realy get the MarkIIc+ tone?
I have two IIC+'s as well as a triaxis, and I would say NO! I'm sorry dude.
There is a reason for the C+ hype.
Tony

I don't think the Triaxis comes close to a true Mark series head. W/o the graphic EQ it's really hard to nail the head tone. The dynamic voice is ok but I prefer the actual EQ. Besides, the Mark series amps have push/pull knobs that the Triaxis doens't Also depending on the poweramp you use it may get you a step closer to a Mark series amp but still not an exact copy. I own a Mark IIC+, Mark IV, Quad, Studio, and the Triaxis cannot get those tones. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Triaxis but for people to say that it can sound like a Mark head I think is incorrect. W/o the EQ, switches, voicing options I just don't see how...

Greenevil said:
I don't think the Triaxis comes close to a true Mark series head. W/o the graphic EQ it's really hard to nail the head tone. The dynamic voice is ok but I prefer the actual EQ. Besides, the Mark series amps have push/pull knobs that the Triaxis doens't Also depending on the poweramp you use it may get you a step closer to a Mark series amp but still not an exact copy. I own a Mark IIC+, Mark IV, Quad, Studio, and the Triaxis cannot get those tones. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Triaxis but for people to say that it can sound like a Mark head I think is incorrect. W/o the EQ, switches, voicing options I just don't see how...

I have a Triaxis, and I know that swapping pre amp tubes spices it up very nicely. Have you tried tube substitutions with your Triaxis?

Also, I'm thinking about a Quad myself. Should sound great with my 2:100 power amp.

ibanezgtr said:
I heard your Dream Theater track yesterday 18 & life. I liked it a lot!! I thought you told me you don't use the Dyanmic Voice in your settings a while back? I see it at 3 on your settings.

That's why my clip is called TRIAXIS TEST
Do you know what test means ?
:lol:

Hmmm I would say a procedure for critical evaluation; a means of determining the presence, quality, or truth of something; a trial... I have seen your spelling and grammar on the forum.. hah

Anyways can someone post some nice Triaxis tones that sound like a Mark IIc+? Personally I don't hear the Triaxis sounding exactly like what I heard, but a nice sound for what it is.

There's no such a thing as sounding exactly.Only a mark II c + will sound like itself.It's obvious.
There are difeerents parts and triaxis is not a clone,a xerox.
Even 2 marks can sound different from themselves.
So if you want something sounding exact as a mark II C+ ,Buy a mark II C +.
I prefer triaxis,lots of tones and I believe no one in the world could tell (triaxis and mark II side by side in the dark ) what I'm playing.
They will guess never will know exactly.
Even our ears never listen the same way everyday. One day you play your rig and it sound the way you want.Next day same rig and you don't like its tone.
:wink:

Greenevil said:

I say it's BS. While I don't have a IIC+, I've had a Triaxis and MK IV for the past 10+ years...and yes the Triaxis does nail the Mark tones quite well....what you lose with the Triaxis is the vibe you get from thr combo or head version of the amp.

In a band context, you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart....in an isolated recording, I guess the discernible ear may pick up on it, maybe.

While i have only played through a c+ once in my life, i cant say that the triaxis can clone the sound, but i can say that a triaxis can sound pretty **** good...

Check out my bands myspace page, there is two songs on there that you can kind of hear my settings and the kind of vibe that i am going for...

www.myspace.com/getjinxed

Now, i am not saying that the playing is great(too many drinks that night),
But this is a simple triaxis--g-force-2:90 sound that i have achieved...

Hopefully you like...

i really dont understand the need of ppl asking all the time..does triaxis achieves this or that sound.. i have one and i dont spend my time trying to nail a sound of a certain type.. i try to nail the best sound on my ears! then i record it and see if it can be improved..

Back