Triaxis help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete1340

Reaction score
Bought a triaxis which, while it looked ok and all the pads etc worked, turned out to be a complete Botch job. Had to wait a while to raise cash to buy a power amp and when it arrived I plugged in the triaxis and straight away there was a problem…ld1 Red didn’t have any volume. Took to a friends who builds valve amps etc and has a triaxis. Removed the top to see that someone had already been at it. A stacked pair of vtl5c4/2 appeared to be where a repair had been carried out, so moving very slowly,the top vtl, the legs came away from the vtl, they had been soldered right up against the vtl body. We then turned unit upside down with a view to seeing if we could view the underneath of the main board. The majority of the screws, while looking right, were wrong and cross threaded into their respective holes. Someone has certainly done a bad job on this unit. It’s too late to return so I have to try and repair. We think a vtl is down on tx4 board but until I find a replacement vtl for main board i can’t go any further… question anyone know which ldr is the likely cause of ld1 Red not working and anyone know if I can get a vtl5c4/2 in uk. Did try and order one from Germany but let down by dealer.
just to add, ld1 red can be heard but very very low volume.

Last edited:
Back